autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dream Kit Build Off

Ok AGO members.........

Most of you have some really nice experience with detailing products and machines. I want you to build me what you believe is the best interior and exterior detailing kit. Give me your best reason why too. Then we are going to take a vote........by the members.

The winner will get a full, 16oz. bottle of XMT's 360 shipped from me!

Get creative and let's have some fun!
    Last edited by justin_murphy; 04-28-2007 at 01:20 PM.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    mighty fine of you justin, an restictions as to price or contents?

thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    mighty fine of you justin, an restictions as to price or contents?

thanks again
    Just make them AG sold products.........that's all!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    okay...just based on ag products and brands....

Shmitt...fits like a glove...lasts forever

Foam Gun with dp extreme foam - who doesnt love delicious cotton candy sudz all over their ride?

Buckets - two with grit guards of course...a detailing staple

Soap - super slick and suds...unbelieveable lubricity

Lubrication - ONR ..foam your car down with this in the mix to help soften the water and increase lubricity...among the other uses it has for clay lube and qd'er

Clay - poly caly...not much diversity here considering all clay is made by the same manufacturer

Clay lube - diluted onr

Wheel schmitt for the wheels..better than just using a towel to save your hands from getting scraped up

Pb spray and rinse for the wheels - best cleaner out there that is gentle on wheels..and you just rub with your finger on anything stubborn

Wells, vinyl, rubber, plastic, widow trim/well, tire dressing- 303 protectant...the best for a reason...goes on anything, looks great, last a long time...and PROTECTS

Paint correction - makita rotary and cyclo (depending on level of experience) xmt polishes with a dab of optimum polish to increase work time..with four levels its easy to pick the perfect level of polish and the dab of optimum to give them an infinite working time and the polishes work well with either a rotary or da...edge pads of course...quick change and double sided...what more could you want?

LSP- optisealed souveran....best of both technologies right now...

APC - 303 cleaner...the most under rated not talked about stuff...works on everything...best used on iterior and an amazing carpet cleaner...(even though we know folex is my fav)

Glass - stoners invisible glass...the long standing glass cleaner for a reason...IT WORKS

Interior - 303 protectant..goes on anything and is the perfect cross between matte and glossy

Leather - connoly hide care products - by far the worlds stinkiest products...but the glove soft leather it leaves behind is no joke....

MF towels - cobra...nuff said..and a guzzler to dry everything up...sprayed down with onr qd as ou dry leaves a mar free streak free finish

Engine bay - 303 protectant - notice how many uses it has?

Paint cleanser/engine bay - p21s total auto wash...you can play Mr Dalton and put it in a pesticide sprayer...or just keep it in the bottle...either way the best all around cleaner out there...one of those products you use and realize why its expensive...beacuse it works and there is nothing else out there like it...gentle on paint and removes tar, grime and bug brains...and still tough enought to degrease an engine

Applicators...ccs red applicators...they dont work any better than the cheap yellow pinnacle ones...but they look cooler

Extra chemical sprayers and bottles are a must

these are my dream team ag products...there are others but staying within the rules these are the ones i have found the most success with....
    Last edited by orngez; 04-28-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    orngez.........awesome work! Very informative too!

This is what I'm looking for!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very informative I gotta make one out latter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    Ok AGO members.........

Most of you have some really nice experience with detailing products and machines. I want you to build me what you believe is the best interior and exterior detailing kit. Give me your best reason why too. Then we are going to take a vote........by the members.

The winner will get a full, 16oz. bottle of XMT's 360 shipped from me!

Get creative and let's have some fun!
    I think one of the best exterior kits will be XMT 360---Opti-Seal---Souveran (liquid or paste). Why??? I seen pictures of what XMT 360 and Opti-Seal can do and really want to try this combo. And obviously I want the king of waxes there too.

As far as interior it will be DP total interior cleaner---Pinnacle leather conditioner---303 protectant. Why??? DP has the least chemical smell, which is really valuable to someone like me, where I hate heavy chemical smell. Pinnacle leather conditioner is the best one I used up to date. 303 protectant - it gives me that matte look and great protection that lasts one month.
    Last edited by supercharged; 04-28-2007 at 03:36 PM.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash: Schmitt and Pinnacle Bug Sponge w/ foam gun using DP Foaming Shampoo- Provides excellent lubrication and virtually no marring, all without stripping wax/sealant. The bug and tar sponge is the best invention to date, providing the easiest front bumper and wheel well cleaning with no harm.

Dry: Flooding method with power blower and 20x40 Guzzler- This method and these tools work in stages. The flooding method drains 70% of the water off the vehicle. The blower blows just about all of the remaining 30% out of the cracks and crevices. The guzzler safely wipes and absorbs the left over droplets. This is the safest and most effective way to completely dry any vehicle.

Polish: XMT line with CCS pads and PC: The PC provides nearly effortless and fool-proof powered buffing. The pads are relatively inexpensive and reliable. The XMT line is highly customizable with over 5 polish choices for abrasiveness and purpose.

Wheels, Tires, and Windows: Poorboys Spray and Rinse, Tireriffic, Diamondite ClearVision: Poorboys is generally safe on all finishes and truly is "spray on and rinse off" with no further scrubbing. Tirerific is a clear acrylic coating for the tires, ELIMININATING sling off and the need for reapplication after washing or rain. Diamondie is the ultimate streak free cleaner and it has no ammonia, making it safe on all glasses. It still packs a bunch on bugs and road grime.

Vinyl, Rubber, and Wells: 303 Protectant: Doesn't require explanation, simply the best matte protection.

Glaze: Wolfgang Finishing Glaze- Contains no carnauba, so can apply a sealant if desired. Likewise, works great!

Sealant- WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant-Hands down, best sealant. Gives great shine and unmatches protection and durability.

LSP: Souveran or SSII: Best and easiest waxes to apply, that I know of. The depth and clarity given to the surface has yet to be surpassed. Furthermore, it cheaper than its Zymol counterparts.

Quick Detailer- Crystal Mist and Spray Souveran- Easiest to use, best results, done.
    APC: Simple Green- Been raised on it and it works great!

Vinyl and Leather Cleaner and Protectants: 303 and Pinnacle- All of the designated Pinnacle products are the best at what they do in this area. Easy to use, great quality, and decent pricing for the amount that you get. 303 gives the classiest finish and best protection without oiling the surface.

Microfiber- Cobra- Makes a MF for every purpose and they last! I use mine just about daily and wash right after. None show any signs of wear. Quality and good bulk pricing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Exterior:
    -Soap-NXT has great cleaning power and lubrication can handle any job (sub Gold Glass if you don't plan on striping everything.

-One 5 gallon bucket with grit gaurd & add 1 cap full of ONR to help capture dirt, One 1 gallon bucket (grit gaurd optional) with ONR to help reduce water spots.

-Mitt I still prefer Sheep Skin I don't miss as many spots, where as the Smitt I missed areas since it's larger and sometimes doesn't conform to the curves of the car.

-Dry Guzzler covers a large surface area with no need to wrong out. Soft with no worries os causing scrathes.

-Clay depends on condition of car Pinnicals Ultra Poly of good conditions or Megs Mild clay for tougher jobs.

-Clay lube ONR/H2O or clean soapy water solution both cheap and effective

-Swirl Remover Optimum compund/Polish great products with longer work in time with zero dusting. Very user friendly (recomend using Edge system they work great togther)

-LSP Nattys Blue

-Wheels/Wheel Wells/Rims PB APC cut 8:1 or 10:1 or Concentraded depending on condition with Megs wheel/tire brushes with or with out handles. Makes short work of dirt/grim and the handles help save the back.

-Tire Dressing WG Tire dressing is just freakin awesome (if you like shiny). Last for aroung 2 1/2 weeks solid and stands up to rain farly well.

-Engine again PB APC cut 8:1 or 10:1 or Concentraded depending on condition. With the aid of a Nylon brush and a warm engine it works good. It's amonia and bleach free there is no need to worry about hoses and wires being affected.

-Trim PB Trim Restorer works awesome on faded smooth trim and last for weeks with or with out rain. The Coconut smell is a plus too.

-Cart of duffle bag are both worth having so you can have everything close by.

Interior:
    -Vents 2 way mini detailing brush gets in small cerveces with ease

-Mango MF towels for interior duty, they good for interior duty and the cheapest Ag carries.

-Plastic/Vinyl/Carpet again I use PB APC cut 10:1/12:1 does a good job and doesn't make a massive amount of suds making it a pain to clean up.

-Interior dressing I use 303 as it has a nice matte look and last for a loooong time with little attraction to dust.

-Vac well AG only carries one so Metro Vac n Blo with attachments.

Thats all I can think of so yeah good luck everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dream Kit:

AG Foam gun: How does anyone wash a car without one!

Complete Car Wash System with Dolly: Since this is a dream setup, I figure I might as well go all the way! This looks to be the Rolls Royce of wash buckets. While we are at it, might as well add the Workhorse Auto Detailing Supplies Cart.

Soap: DP Extreme is formulated for the foam gun, but as this is a dream kit let’s go with Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo. Of course I would use the Shmitt and the Wheel Shmitt. Add a bottle of Poorboy Bug Squash for when that extra cleaning power is needed. Alos, you got to have DP 4 in 1 on hand for when it is too cold to wash with soap and water. 4 in 1 is amazing.

Clay: Got to go with the Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay and Pinnacle clay lube. I have used both and they are fantastic!

Wheels: You have to have a bottle of Poorboy’s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner in case your wheels are extra dirty. For weekly washing I’d go with the DP Wheel Gel Cleaner and the Deep Reach Wheel Brush and a Short Handle Tire/Wheel Brush. After washing DP Wheel Glaze and Pinnacle Black Oynx Tire Gel with a Cobra Tire Dressing Applicator of course!

Polish: You got go with a PC and I’d select the Edge Foam pads. The entire line of XMT polishes, cleaners, pad condition, etc. Including XMT 360!!

Klasse AIO! No kit could be complete without a bottle of AIO.

Protection: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant topped with Pinnacle Souveran Wax.

Trim: 303.

Touch ups: Poorboy’s Spray & Wipe & Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax

Interior: This is a dream kit, right? So let's go for a Metro Vac! DP Interior Cleaner & Poorboy’s Natural Look. DP Carpet Cleaner. Connolly Hide Care and cleaner for deep cleaning and conditioning. Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Conditioner for weekly use. This stuff rocks!

Glass: DP High Performance Glass Restorer and DP Krystal Vision. I'm eager to try Diamoninte, but until proven otherwise, DP Krystal Vision can't be beat.

Engine: DP Engine Cleaner and PB Natural Look.

Don’t forget: Several Cobra MF’s of different types, a guzzler and Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator Microfiber Detergent.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast