autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    i started a list, then actually read what the others were writing....im too lazy to write all that out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    i started a list, then actually read what the others were writing....im too lazy to write all that out!
    It took me a while I kept debating to delete it or keep going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see...exterior kits...

Luxury soft wash/dry kit---All White Shmitt, Poorboy's SS&S, Guzzler, Poorboy's S&W QD. (this will be a gentle wash, where you want you car clean with minimal protection strip off. Love this combo, used it myself a few times.)

Super Klean wash/dry kit---white/yellow shmitt, Megs NXT shampoo, Poorboy's Bug Squash, Guzzler. (We all know NXT has good cleaning ability. Couple it up with Poorboy's Bug Squash and you can get the worst grime off the car. Yellow side of Shmitt can be used for most stubborn grime.)

Polishing kit--- XMT&Edge 2000 pads. (XMT are just outstanding polishes. Can be used in full sun with no dusting. E2K pads are the best ones I tried up to date. I'd offer this kit in both flat and wave pads.)

Sealant and wax kit---can be Four Star UPP/ Pinnacle Souveran paste for flat/dark paints, Wolfgang DGPS/ DP Max Wax for light colored/mettallic paints. (the best ones I found so far)

Tires-n-wheels kit --- my favorite one is Wolfgang and Pinnacle gel wheel cleaner. DP is a little too thick and sometimes clogs the sprayer. Wolfgang twins or Pinnacle twins would be very nice. (I think they couple up just nice)

Quik glass clean-up kit ---My favorite combo always was DP Krystal Vision (I just love glass cleaner that is scentless), and Combra glass MF towel. I would also add Klasse AIO for protection. (love this combo)

Clay-n-lube kit ---Pinnacle Ultra poli clay and Pinnacle clay lubricant (Pinnacle clay lube is a must for blacks!!! ) for frequent clay applications, or DP Clay and DP Clay lubricant for twice a year applications. (try it for yourself and you will love it)

Quik Touch up QD ---Poorboy's S&W and Cobra Ultra plush towel. (always worked for me. Cleans well and is streak free)

Total interior kit --- Pinnacle leather conditioner, DP Total interior cleaner, 303 protectant. (the best one I found so far)
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm

Wash: get 2 Foam Wash Gun with FREE BONUS
    one for a degrease and another for your car soap.
    Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate, 1 Gallon, works on carpet, fabric, vinyl, and leather for all-over interior cleaning.
    as your degreaser.

Autogeek Complete Wash System with Dolly
    2 buckets

Meguiars Versa-Angle Wide Body Brush
    Brush

The ShMITT Multi-purpose Foam Mitts
    wash mitt

Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo Car Wash
    for soap

Montana Original 360° Boar’s Hair Wash Brush
    for wheels

OXO Spoke Wheel Brush: This 12" Spoke Brush adjusts to fit the openings in your wheels.
    for Spokes

DP Gel Wheel Cleaner
    wheel cleaner

DP Wheel Glaze cleans and protects all types of wheels! Durable wheel polymer wax coating protects wheels from brake dust adhesion and corrosion.
    Wheel polish

Engine Dressing: Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Protectant Gel produces a matte sheen to protect tires from the elements. More than a tire dressing, Meguiars Tire

General Dressing: Can't find the link, but a gallon of 303, and Hyper Dressing

Glass Care:
    Diamondite Glass Cleaning System Kit is effect against acid rain, overspray, resin dots, and embedded dirt.

Clear Plastic care :Diamondite® Clear Plastic System Kit cleans, polishes, restores headlight lenses. Diamondite plastic polish scratch remover for headlights.

Clay:This kit includes two 4 oz. bars of DP Universal Detailing Clay and a bottle of DP Universal Clay Lubricant

Pads :CCS Spot Buffs 4 inch Foam Pads & Accessories work with your drill, rotary, or dual action polisher. Polish small areas with Lake Country Spot Buffs.
    Polisher: Cyclo

Polish: Remove scratches, swirl marks, oxidation, overspray and water spots with Four Star Ultimate Swirl Mark Remover. This all-in-one paint correcting
    Regular swirl remover

XMT Heavy Duty Swirl Remover #4 is a true polishing compound with a high concentration of heavy grade abrasives. Concentrated abrasives increase the
    for the tuff stuff

Optimum Polish is a swirl remover, finishing polish & paint cleaner in one for the optimum shine! swirl remover polish, fine grade polish, final
    for a finishing polish

Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer is absolutely fabulous for producing that elusive, show-ready wet-shine look. This polish actually enhances and
    as a glaze

Sealant: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine.

Wax: Finally Liquid Souveran Wax achieves the Pinnacle of Perfection. Liquid Souveran Carnauba Wax has the ease of a liquid wax with the protection and

Polish on top of wax for show cars :64 oz. Meguiars #3 Professional Machine Glaze

Petty much everything
    Microfiber Towels, Microfiber dusters and microfiber Detailing tools

INTERIOR

Cyclo Polisher Brushes turn your Cyclo Orbital Polisher
    for your cyclo. It would make carpet scrubs a breeze. You can get all of them so that you will be prepaired for anything.

DP Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner lifts stains out of carpet and fabric using the latest advanced surfactant technology.
    for the Carpet. I says it has low foam so it will save you time if you are just using a wet dry vac after.

DP Total Interior Cleaner cleans plastic, vinyl, leather, carpet, and upholstery without harsh solvents or caustic chemicals.
    for everything else. With a Shmitt (:P maybe I stole that from one of your write ups)

4X Interior Concours Brush
    for vents and such, as well as as engine and wheels.

The 303 Convertible Top Cleaner and the 303 Aerospace Protectant are everything you need to keep your convertible top looking like new. for convertables

thats all I can thing of off the top of my head
    Last edited by sneek; 04-28-2007 at 11:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    With my little experience, here it goes!

Wash Mitt: Shmitt Wash Mitt

Two buckets and two grit guards, one in each bucket!

Shampoo: DG 901 or Poorboy's Super SLick and Suds (love both. I like Super Slick and Suds for the long foaming and concentration, both for lubricity)

Drying: GUZZLER HANDS DOWN! plus a QD to help aid in preventing any micro scratches

Wheels: Wheel Schmitt and wheel brush to get into lug nut holes and other tight places, DG WHeel Gel Cleaner

Glass: Stoner's invisible glass

That's all I can think of right now

Post Thanks / Like
    My dream kits:
    EXTERIOR
    Washing/ Drying
    "Poorboys Super Slick and Suds or Duragloss #901 Wash" = Both have good cleaning power, lubricity, smell, and reasonable $$$. Own both and switch back and forth to suit your nose or your mood.
    "Buckets w/ Grit Guards" = Use the two bucket system to minimize contaminants touching the paint
    "ShMitt" = One of the safest for paint protection.
    Dry with a "Guzzler" = Proven the favorite drying tool time and again.

Wheels/Tires
    "DP Gel Wheel Cleaner" = Effective for both wheels of any type and tires. Combined with an "Oxo Wheel Brush", an "Oxo Tire Brush", and an "EZ Detail Brush" you will be able to clean the deepest, smallest crevices of any wheel.
    "DP Gel Tire Gloss" = Great look and a little goes a long way.

Clay
    "Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay" w/ "Pinnacle Clay Lube" = Good for light contamination and can be used more often than other clay.
    "Mothers Yellow Clay" w/ "Showtime QD Lube" = For the heavier jobs.

Polish
    "XMT Series" = The XMT Series is now complete with the addition of #4 and 360. It is cost effective since the deminishing abrasives can often be broken down to create a finish that's LSP ready.
    "Edge Pads" = Ease of use, balance, twice the pad for it's flip ability.
    "Porter Cable 7424" = Still a reliable workhorse among orbital buffers.

Paint Cleaning
    "Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion" = Used after a good polish the paint will be left squeeky clean, and perfect for the LSP.

Sealant/Wax
    "DP Premium Surface Shield" = A great sealant that will provide an over-the-top job on a budget. The 32 oz. feels like it could last years.
    "Souveran Paste" = We're off the budget. Why? Because it's worth it. Everyone that comes to AG dreams of having their own tub of Souveran so it's added to our dream kit.
    "Maxwax" = A great wax until you get that dream tub of Souveran Paste.

Misc
    QD = "Crystal Mist"; Just plain good with AG's LSP's.
    Door Jambs = "DP 4 n 1"; "DP Spray Surface Shield".
    Chrome = "Aquawax" easy and quick with a crisp look.
    Glass = "Stoners Invisible Glass" ; Proven as one of the best.
    Trim = "Black Again"; Came out #1 on Sparkies test for JoeP.
    Microfiber = "Cobra"; Simply the best.

INTERIOR

Vinyl/Rubber
    "DP Total Interior Cleaner" = Very versatile and effective. Can even be used on tough carpet stains.
    "DP Surface Protectant" = A nice dressing with a slightly shiny matte look.

Leather
    "Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner" = This one doesn't take a back seat to any leather cleaner. Attack the worst areas with this and the "Leather Brush".
    "Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner" = Leaves leather as soft, supple, and natural as any.

Fabric
    "303 Fabric Guard" = Minimize damage from spills and ground in dirt with this water repellant product.

Odors
    "Duragloss Absorb-It" = Neutralize bad odors in the car and the vent system with a few sprays of this product on the carpet.
    Last edited by Jimmie; 04-29-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash
    -Schmitt white and yellow mitt-soft and cleans without marring
    -Two bucket system with grit gaurd-to keep everything clean.
    -Poorboys SSS or Duragloss 901 through Wolfgang Foam gun-great price and super foam, leaves a slick finish.
    -Dry by sheeting water and use a 20"x40" Cobra Guzzler-best WW MF ever.

Wheels
    -DP wheel Gel-to loosen everything up
    -Scrub with a black Schmitt and Meguiars Versa Angle brush-gets everything out of the rims and wheel wells, the Schmitt fits anywhere.
    -Seal with DP wheel glaze-keeps brake dust away and make cleaning easier, plus it makes CC'd rims shine.

Tires
    -Armor All Tire Foam followed by Armor All Tire Gel-Great look and easy on the wallet, bling factor of 10.

Clay
    -Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay with Pinnacle Clay Lubricant-Great mild clay that’s perfect for doing any cars claying.

Polish
    -Porter Cable 7424 with Edge 6" pads-thick, double sided pads are awsome.
    -Optimum Polish, Compound, Poli-Seal or Hyper Compound-10 Min. plus work times are really great when working with the PC.
    -For minor swirls OP with an Edge Orange pad.
    -For heavier swirls, a mix of OP or OC on yellow pad, followed by OP on Orange or Blue Pad.
    -Glaze goes on with the white pad.

Seal & Glaze
    -Wolfgang Glaze-This glaze along gives incredible Depth and reflection. I have never seen my paint looks so good.
    -Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant-I use the Liquid or the Spritz, gives the metallic paint awesome deep look and really makes the metal flake pop. When paired with the WG glaze, the paint looks wet and rich.

Wax
    -DP’s Max Wax-Max Wax along with the Wolfgang combo is the best. MaxWax does not mute any of the flake, really makes it pop, and the depth is AWSOME!!!!
    -Other waxes would be Pinnacle Souvern and Poorboy’s Natty Blue-both look really good on dark cars.
    -Duragloss AquaWax or Pinnacle Crystal Mist-follows weekly washes to keep up the depth and slickness.
    -Wiped off with Cobra Indigo Microfiber-only the best for wax removal.

Glass
    -DP Krystal Vision-by far my favorite glass cleaner, leaves a great streak free shine when used with the Cobra glass microfiber.
    -Other glass cleaners I use is Dimondiate Perfect Vision glass cleaner or Meguiars Glass Cleaner.

Trim
    -Poorboy’s trim restore-works great on wax removal or faded trim and leaves a great, rich black look.
    -Wolfgang Plastik Sealant
    -Duragloss Metal Polish-looks absolutely brilliant on exhaust tips.

Engine
    -DP Engine Degreaser- This degreaser really breaks up anything in an engine, use a little water on a warm engine, and grime just melts off. DP also leaves the hoses and plastics great looking

Interior
    -DP Total Interior Cleaner and Total Interior Protectant-Both smell great, like bananas, and clean and everything. Carpet, dash, leather, headliner, etc. The proectant leaves the interior panels looking great and protects them from the sun.
    -Wolfgang Leather conditioner or Pinnacle Leather Conditioner-both are some of the best conditioners I have ever used and leave the leather supple and feeling great.

Mid-Week cleanings
    -DP 4-in-1 rinseless wash-washing in the garage, what's not to love? Plus it makes extra clay lube & QD'er.
    -Poorboy’s Spray and wipe and spray and gloss-great options for QD's, cheap and leave a great reflection and gloss.

Microfibers-Many Multiples of about every Cobra MF available-only the best on a well detailed car
    -Micro-restore-got to keep the MF's clean.
    Last edited by greg'sgoat; 06-28-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    2005 Phantom Black Metallic GTO-M6
    Head/Cammed-450rwhp/415rwtq
    1/4--12.1 @ 118mph, 1.7 60'

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys.........these are awesome and well thought out!

I will never be able to choose......

Maybe a 1st, 2nd and 3rd!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone, Ive been lurking for awhile, saw this thread and thought now was as good a time as any to sign up.

So here goes. I pretty much stuck to my skill level and needs (reason for no rotary or pressure washer, etc). This would be my dream setup for detailing my two cars, and the two or three friends cars I enjoy detailing.

*note many of these products I have not tried yet due to me currently being poor and unemployed with a car to pay for, but I am impressed by the level of product reviews by all of the forum members and through all my reading, came up with this list:

Ill mark the products I have used and/or own with a *

Washing/Cleaners:
    -Equipment
    (2) AG Complete Bucket System (Dolly, Grit Gaurd, Seat)
    (1) 2-Step deluxe filtration system
    (1) AG Foam Gun (Quart size)
    (2) Extra quart size foam gun bottles
    (2) ShMITT foam mitt (1 White, 1 White/Yellow)
    (1) Cobra Micro-Chenille wash mitt*
    -Consumables
    (1) DP xtreme foam shampoo
    (1) Optimum no rinse wash and shine
    (1) Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
    (1) P21S total auto wash*
    (1) P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion*
    (1) Stoner tarminator*
    (1) Poorboys bug squash

Clay:
    (1) Pinnacle ultra poly clay*
    (1) DP universal clay lube
    (1) Diamondite glasswork clay
    (1) Diamondite glasswork clay lube

Polishing:
    -Equipment
    (1) PC 7424 with standard accessories*
    (1) 25pc Complete PC accessory kit with edge pads and XMT cleaner/conditioner
    -Consumables
    (1) Pinnacle XMT 360
    (1) Menzerna Intensive Polish PO 91E
    (1) Menzerna Micro Polish PO 87MC
    (1) Menzerna Final Polish PO 85U
    (1) Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115C

Protection/Shine:
    (1) Pinnacle liquid souveran*
    (1) Pinnacle signature series II
    (1) Pinnacle crystal mist
    (1) Klasse all-in-one
    (1) Optimum poli-seal
    (1) Poorboys spray and gloss

Wheel/Tire Care:
    -Equipment
    (1) Black ShMITT foam Mitt
    (1) OXO spoke wheel brush
    (1) 8" Montana boars hair brush
    (1) Cobra microfiber gloves
    (1) OXO tire brush
    (1) Cobra flex foam tire dressing applicator (3 pack)*
    (1) Mothers powerball combo*
    -Consumables
    (1) P21s gel wheel cleaner
    (1) Poorboys spray and rinse wheel cleaner
    (1) DP wheel glaze
    (1) Pinnacle black onyx tire gel

Glass:
    -Equipment
    (2) Cobra waffle weave MF glass towel
    (1) Glass Master pro glass and surface cleaner
    (1) OXO squeegee
    -Consumables
    (1) Diamondite glasswork system
    (1) DP krystal vision glass cleaner
    (1) Stoner invisible glass*

Lens/Plastic care:
    (1) Diamondite clear plastic system
    (1) 3M Plastic Polish
    (1) 3m Plastic CLeaner

Trim/Metal:
    (1) Poorboys trim restorer
    (1) Poorboys natural look dressing
    (1) Pinnacle rubber and vinyl protectant
    (1) Mothers mag and aluminum polish*
    (1) Duragloss metal cleanr and brightener
    (1) Mothers chrome polish*
    (1) Colinite metal wax #850

Interior:
    -Equipment
    (1) Mothers interior and upholstery brush
    (1) Clean vent brush kit*
    (1) Vinyl and leath scrub brush
    -Consumables
    (1) DP carpet and upholstery cleaner
    (1) DP total interior cleaner
    (1) 303 fabric gaurd
    (1) Lexol leather cleaner*
    (1) Lexol leather conditioner*
    (1) Lexol vinylex spray*
    (1) Wurth rubber care gel stick*

Misc Equipment/Towels/Applicators:
    (1) Metro vac-n-blow portable vacuum
    (2) Cobra guzzler drying towels 20x40*
    (1) Pinnacle polishin Pal kit with clay disc
    (1) Mega applicator combo kit
    (1) Oxo duster combo
    (1) 12 pc Cobra microfiber towel combo
    (1) Cobra 4 piece deluxe towel kit
    (1) Mothers detail brush set*
    (1) Edge foam tips 10pk
    (6) Extra spray bottle*

All products from AG, and everything I would need to make some cars refreshed, clean, and sparkling.

Im looking forward to getting more serious with my car care and sharing my work with you guys. I have new 06 quicksilver gto that I pamper pretty well, but I strive to make it look outstanding

Post Thanks / Like
    I will picking the winner(s) tonight.

There will be 3 winners in all so you all had better join in!!!!

Justin
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast