autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered my dupray hill injection, any advice?

I should be getting my new steamer this Friday. Im hoping to be able to use it on exteriors and interiors. Any of you guys using it to wash exteriors? If so what process would you recommend? Ay other suggestions you may have are appreciated. I just sold my Optima steamer because it wasnt working for my small mobile detailing business. Powerfull yes but it took up more room then I liked and loading and unloading is annoying.
    Quality Mobile Auto Detailing in Greater Seattle www.precisionautosalon.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used mine on exteriors. Used it when it was cold and detailed in the garage and used it on a car that had a missing window and couldn't wet wash. My method was to steam a panel and then spray with Optimum waterless and dry with MF towel. The steam loosens the dirt and it wipes right off.
    I have used it on everything but I try to avoid leather if possible. Works great on gunk in carpet and fabric seats. Door jams are easier and engines are a breeze. Works well on wheels but I find it easier to use Daytona brushes and Mother's wheel and tire cleaner. I steam vents but really question whether it really does that much good.

You are going to love the Dupray.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ordered my dupray hill injection, any advice?

Optimum has a waterless wash? Or is it the opti clean you are referring to? About how long has an average size sedan taken you to wash? I actually just sold my optima steamer because it was too big to carry around for mobile detailing. Great machine just not worth the hassle to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I mean Opticlean. I can do an exterior of average car in 30-45 min not counting wheels and tires.

Post Thanks / Like

I have cleaned just about everything except an exterior with mine. While it is a great tool with serious output for its size I would question its use as a primary exterior washing method. If you have not seen one in person you will be surprised at how small it is. The Hill Injection heats from cold to max pressure in 6-7 minutes, you can use it at 5 but an extra minute or two makes a difference.

I like using it on glass with the included sqeegie, it also works well just hitting the glass with a blast and wiping down with mf towel. Great on engines. I have Prius and Fusion Hybrids and was afraid to clean with other wet methods. Door jams and hinges are a breeze. Good on all fabric and carpet, echoeing Robert I stay clear of any intensive cleaning on leather.

In the house I used it last night to clear a bathroom sink drain.

While it looks like a piece of jewelry it is built like a tank. You will really enjoy its portability and speed to uptime. If you have a question or need accessories or supplies they are only a call away.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fred, Im sure my wife will probably want me to use it around the house soon as she finds out what it can do.. Has anyone aside from dupray made any videos for this machine on youtube?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by precisionautosalon View Post
    Thanks Fred, Im sure my wife will probably want me to use it around the house soon as she finds out what it can do.. Has anyone aside from dupray made any videos for this machine on youtube?
    The steam chief videos are good. It is a slightly different machine but the principles apply. And they don't have the annoying background "music" Dupray does.