autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question So you think your steamer is pretty good eh?? lets kung foo!!!

So, I've been wanting to get a steamer for cleaning carpets and leather mostly as well as be able to use it around the house for cleaning tile/grout and bathrooms and all that good stuff. I have been researching and researching and I am totally confused.

I'm not looking for the $100 McCulleg or Warner steamer, I'm looking for a quality, moderate duty one. I'm kinda torn between the VX5000 which seems to be the decent entry level for detailing and the VAPOR STEAM VC-4000C. The VX is $800 and the VC is $1095. What is the difference? Does the VX work well or would I be kicking my self for not getting the VC?

I have buyers remorse a lot and have learned that its better to buy the quality. For $300 more would I be better suited? I do do detailing as a profession and have been doing it for a long time without steam, but it seems like it would be beneficial to step up to steam. It says on the VC that you can wash a car with it, but I'm kinda hard pressed to believe that. What is the difference between "dry steam" and the VX? Is continous refill important?

Does anyone know about these units? Are you happy with what you have and does it get the job done? I feel really lost when it comes to this and could REALLY use some input. I can't justify the Dupray steamer so thats off the table btw.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So you think your steamer is pretty good eh?? lets kung foo!!!

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know too!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

I love the VX5000 - have 2 of them. We have been using ours everyday for the past year +. I can say that it is one of the best tools that I have in terms of multiple uses. We use ours as a dedicated carpet and upholstery tool (seats and carpet dry MUCH faster than an extractor). I have never used the other unit you are talking about so I can't comment on it. The Vx5000 isnt continuous fill, but last anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours - then a refill and maybe 10 minutes to heat up for the second round. In that 10 minutes there is always something else that can be done cleaning wise. I love it for its ability to remove those stains in between the seat and center console without having to remove the seats, blasting cracks and crevices, engine detailing, door jambs, nasty windows, etc. Here is a video of one in action on a Semi :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJIrkRy29vs]B & B Detailing - Nashville Tn - Semi Detailing - Pedal Cleaning - YouTube[/video]
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

thats what i call a endorsment,if you read what b&b writes you know he takes pride in his work and he takes care of his customers.that vx seems to hold up and perform on a daily basis.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the VC- 4000 and I am so glad that I purchased that over the VX5000. The VC has a hot water injection feature so when Im doing carpets I can just spritz the really bad spots then steam over it to remove. Also when doing rims, steam alone wont always clean them off. It may just break down the brake dust a bit but with the hot water injection feature the brake dust can actually be washed off directly with the steamer.

I just recently had a big project to fully remove all vinyl and then do full details on 4 ambulances (Im still working on it so stay tuned for that writeup!), and these vehicles were stored inside a warehouse. With the hot water injection feature I was able to remove the vinyl, loosen up the adhesive, clean the vehicles with very little water getting on the floor, and also remove lots of crap off of the interior which steam alone would not get too.

The vx5000 is a very good machine but I'd say the extra money for the VC4000 with the hot water injection feature is definitely well worth the money!

Post Thanks / Like

One more thing, the VC is also a continuous fill and I've had it running constantly for about 6-7 hrs 3 days in a row before without having to shut it off to cool down and refill. I just kept pouring in more water whenever it beeps at me. To get full blast pressure from it you do need to let it sit still for about 20 min but that force is only needed when degreasing engines or wheels. For general basic steam use its ready to go in just about 5-10 min the same time it takes for my McCulloch.

Post Thanks / Like

B&B
    Thanks for you're response!I really respect your opinion. The fact that you have 2 and with how busy you are and the quality work you produce a great factor.

Sharcar,
    So your saying you can way cars with it? What is hot water injection exactly? Does the vx not able to blast stream? I'm looking to be ankle to blow dirt away with it. Ok also berry interested on doing wheels with it.

Both of you, where did you end upbuying your steamer?

Thanks so much for the input btw!

Post Thanks / Like

Daimer KleenJet Pro Plus 200S

If you want continuous fill you can step up to the 300.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Rasky, do you have that one? It looks just like the vc but without continua refill. Seems like the hot water injection is the way to go and for the same price as the vx5000, I don't see why not?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast