autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro MasterBlaster 8hp vs Leaf Blower

:dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
    It may not be professional to mobile detailers but to most consumers I feel it looks unprofessional.

We all have our opinions - ultimately it your business and your choice.

So you really think that if a customers happens to look out the window and see you drying a car with a leaf blower they would think its unprofessional? That would assume that the customer KNOWS that there is a specialized Master Blaster tool for car drying.

In addition, maybe the customer would think its unprofessional that someone is using a vacuum cleaner to dry their car. (the master blaster looks like a vacuum cleaner)

Until I joined AG I didn't even know or hear of a 2 or 3 bucket wash system, special towels for washing, drying, ect. And the first time i heard about a leaf blower/metro vac for drying I thought it was a joke!

Many things in here are overthought...IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IndeedSS View Post
    The MB is far and away better than a leaf blower at drying a car. My leaf blower worked well but the MB pushes water out of places that the 240 mph leaf blower couldn't.
    What is the CFM of your 240 mph leaf blower? Is it more or less than the MasterBlasters?

What is the CFM of the Metro's MasterBlasters series of blowers? During: Single stage (4hp) and dual stage (8hp) usages?

Metro's claims are: Dual stage...58,500 ft/min (approx. 665mph); Single stage....29,250 ft/min (approx.332 mph)...but what are the CFM ratings?

Hint:
    When I picked up my Sister-in-law's Cocker Spaniel at the dog-groomer's last month, I took a look at their Metro 8hp MasterBlaster. It had a CFM rating of: 229 CFM at the 58,500 "setting"; and, 130 CFM at the 29,250 "setting".

The dog-groomer said they purchased these Metro blowers for their having an 'adjustable' built-in warm-air ability...like a hair dryer has...for faster, yet pet-friendly, drying. Most dog-groomers she knows has at least one. She said the dogs (and therefore I assume: other animals/pets) just love it!

Bob
    Last edited by FUNX650; 11-27-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    So you really think that if a customers happens to look out the window and see you drying a car with a leaf blower they would think its unprofessional? That would assume that the customer KNOWS that there is a specialized Master Blaster tool for car drying.
    Leaf blowers are for landscapers and that is what the customer sees.

This has nothing to do with master blaster tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Great review Corey. I spent a good part of the afternoon watching your vids..
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Hi Corey....

Good review, as usual.

But I'm wondering......Did you ever pick up one of these?

Deltran Battery Tender Plus, battery tender plus,

Bob
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

My Toro leaf blower is rated for 255 CFM / 235 mph. I have not tried it to dry paint (did try my old craftsman and it was a waste of time) but definitely not as convenient to use.

As for the adjustable built in heater, you are just getting heat off the motor so when you have both motors on you get more heat.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
    Leaf blowers are for landscapers and that is what the customer sees.

This has nothing to do with master blaster tool.
    Since nobody has brought this up....I believe there's a big difference in User Safety between a gas-driven or battery-powered leaf blower; and, a "corded" blower .....[whether it's a: "Landscaper's"-leaf-blower, or a Metro Brand-blower]....with its electrical cord laying around in some water puddles. An electrical cord that at some time, sooner or later, will become frayed from its being dragged around.

To me:
    It also probably doesn't look too professional to be flopping around on the ground....painfully writhing...and with that: OOPS!!!..."Just got fried" look in one's eyes.

I would bet: A dollar to a donut-hole...That the First Responders will look Professional, though.

Just saying....

Bob
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    What is the CFM of your 240 mph leaf blower? Is it more or less than the MasterBlasters?

What is the CFM of the Metro's MasterBlasters series of blowers? During: Single stage (4hp) and dual stage (8hp) usages?

Metro's claims are: Dual stage...58,500 ft/min (approx. 665mph); Single stage....29,250 ft/min (approx.332 mph)...but what are the CFM ratings?

Hint:
    When I picked up my Sister-in-law's Cocker Spaniel at the dog-groomer's last month, I took a look at their Metro 8hp MasterBlaster. It had a CFM rating of: 229 CFM at the 58,500 "setting"; and, 130 CFM at the 29,250 "setting".

The dog-groomer said they purchased these Metro blowers for their having an 'adjustable' built-in warm-air ability...like a hair dryer has...for faster, yet pet-friendly, drying. Most dog-groomers she knows has at least one. She said the dogs (and therefore I assume: other animals/pets) just love it!

Bob
    My Toro says 450 CFM but don't see a CFM rating anywhere on the Master Blaster. Maybe the key here is the small opening of the MB hose adapter creating a tighter stream of air.

I'd already looked at Master Blaster's site and saw all of the different vac/blowers for specific purposes. Like you mention, this seems to be very popular with dog owners and groomers.

2010 Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

When blowing leaves you need a higher volume of air (CFM) because the leaves move with the air but air speed is not as important. For example, Stihl's most powerful backpack blower (BR600 Magnum) is rated at 712 CFM but only 201 MPH.

To move water and dry a car air speed is more important to move the water because it is heavier. CFM is not as important (to a point). That is why the Master Blaster chokes the nozzle down so much to accelerate the air to 665 MPH (assuming that is accurate) which reduces the CFM you would get if the nozzle were wider. That is why they have 8 hp and draw 18 AMPS because they really have to push the air through the smaller nozzle to get those high speeds and still have enough, but not necessarily high volumes of air.

You see all of these leaf blowers advertise a high MPH (200+) because that wows the consumer and they can relate to a high MPH but the cubic feet per minute is harder to relate to. All they have done is choke the nozzle down and reduced the CFM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast