autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DA Carpet Brush

Post Thanks / Like

DA Carpet Brush

I've been putting off buying one of these for a while and finally pulled the trigger on one of AG's recent sales. It was the first time I used my new Megs DA too. My mom's Lexus has a light tan carpet that seems to get dirty very easily. Here's what she had brought me a few weeks ago. She has rubber mats in for the winter so I waited to get my new DA brush to use it on her mats.

BEFORES:

The Process:

They got a thorough vacuum first and then were liberally sprayed with Majestic Solutions "Witchcraft in a Bottle". Now, I know that's not the real name of it, but Karl and JL call it that and I can't remember the product's real name. It is a good quality stain remover and you mix it at 10:1. I used the last of the sample I had been given by Heath a year before. I then used the DA brush to agitate the area and the stains in particular. Normally I would just go straight to the steamer. The brush really seemed to get the product to penetrate down into the carpeting. Next up was the steamer with white terry towels over it while going over the area. I probably used 4 towels on this one mat alone. It was disgusting how dirty the towels were getting. After being steamed, they got vacuumed with the Gaia Steamer with alternating stripes. Finally they were treated to 303FG.

AFTER SHOTS:

So, why do this thread? I was on the fence about whether it was worth it or not to get the DA carpet brush. It is worth it IMO. Plus, the cost is reasonable I think. Here it is:
    White Standard Carpet Brush

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA Carpet Brush

Good lord, that carpet looks brand new! However, I think you could have achieved the same result with a regular scrub brush compared to a DA carpet brush.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

NICE . I normally just use Folex and a scrub brush but I want to get some carpet brushes for my DA to cut time down and possibly get a better and deeper scrub than what I can do by hand. What DA brush do you have? I am thinking about ordering the cyclo carpet brushes if AG has some kind of black friday or cyber monday sale. Also if you havent tried Folex instant spot remover give it a try I use it 1:4 folex:water for scrubbing and undiluted for spots.
    Ryan Gville,LA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Good lord, that carpet looks brand new! However, I think you could have achieved the same result with a regular scrub brush compared to a DA carpet brush.
    Maybe so Mark, but it's so much easier by machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcg1 View Post
    NICE . I normally just use Folex and a scrub brush but I want to get some carpet brushes for my DA to cut time down and possibly get a better and deeper scrub than what I can do by hand. What DA brush do you have? I am thinking about ordering the cyclo carpet brushes if AG has some kind of black friday or cyber monday sale. Also if you havent tried Folex instant spot remover give it a try I use it 1:4 folex:water for scrubbing and undiluted for spots.
    richy gave you a link to the brush. BTW Folex is a great carpet cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, I respectfully disagree. A regular scrub brush (which is what I used before) just doesn't do as good a job. It really worked up the soap...I shoulda shot a pic of that now that I think about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcg1 View Post
    Folex is great, I agree. I hadn't used the MS stuff in a while and wanted to try it out again. I buy Folex by the gallon at Home Depot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Mark, I respectfully disagree. A regular scrub brush (which is what I used before) just doesn't do as good a job. It really worked up the soap...I shoulda shot a pic of that now that I think about it!

When you say "soap" are you referring to a high foam carpet soap?

What speed did you use on the DA?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Work smarter not harder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    richy gave you a link to the brush. BTW Folex is a great carpet cleaner.
    Yeah your right, I see it now thanks. That 1 and the aqua cyclo brushes I want to try out.
    Ryan Gville,LA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast