autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Which Pads

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lake County

28 59.57%
  • Edge 2000

10 21.28%
  • Other

9 19.15%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't decide which pads

I'm stuck between getting the Edge 2000 kit or LC Deluxe foam pad kit. I know there's not much difference in price, but that little amount makes a difference.
    To much money going out and not enough coming in lol...
    I've read good things about both and thought this would help make my final decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used the edge pads but I really like my Lake Country pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well not much feedback given, but thanks guys for voting.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a very good question Mike.give it some time for people who are familiar with both pads to chime in. I've been reading a lot of good opinions on the Edge 2000 and they have developed the Waffle pad as well. If someone who has experience with both types we're listening.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only used Lake County... Something about the edge pads I don't like is that they snap in... what if for some stroke of bad luck... the pad seperates and you drill that metal thing into the paint? I'll stick with velcro.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DS Detailer
    I've only used Lake County... Something about the edge pads I don't like is that they snap in... what if for some stroke of bad luck... the pad seperates and you drill that metal thing into the paint? I'll stick with velcro.
    The new edge adapter was redesigned and tested to make sure this won't happen. Jason would be a good source of information on the new adapters..

Post Thanks / Like
    I use LC pads and Propel pads. Both work well. If I were to start anew I would consider using the Edge Pads. Reports say that it is a good system. Have great pad selection. They also have the new waffle pads available.

I am happy with the pads that I have but would have no reservations using the edge system. Many reputable members of different forums have given it good reviews.

No matter what system that you chose your work will be dependant on technique, product, and practice.
    cwcad

Do What You Say....Say What You Do!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life's details

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have the Edge 2000 pad's/kit that I just bought, IMO it's hands down worth the money from what I've seen. The pad's are top notch quality, and dual sided which makes it very versatile and easier for say our trucks/suv's. Plus Aaron at Edge is a great guy, I spoke with him the other day as I wanted to see if he had 4" pads, he's sending me out some samples to try as they don't have a 4" product line just yet. Great service.

I haven't used the pads yet, but I have a friend who had the Lake County and now has the new Edge Pad's. I know he loves them and won't go back to the others (not that they were bad), and I've seen the actually work the Edge pads do so I can't wait to do a full detail this weekend. Told Aaron I'd post my results/thoughts on the 4" samples he sent me as he's gathering feedback to bring out that line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just placed my order and purchased the LC Deluxe Pad kit, WG Deep Gloss Sealent, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, and some MF Pads. I have alot of work cut out for me this weekend. The repair shop did a number on my finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T
    Well I just placed my order and purchased the LC Deluxe Pad kit, WG Deep Gloss Sealent, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, and some MF Pads. I have alot of work cut out for me this weekend. The repair shop did a number on my finish.
    Oh you'll love WG. Jest make sure you let it cure before layering up the LS. Those 2 products I would eat if edible... Thats how much I love them.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast