autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Which Pads

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lake County

28 59.57%
  • Edge 2000

10 21.28%
  • Other

9 19.15%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T
    Thanks for the feedback. Would you apply layers of sealant back-to-back or let each cure?
    You have to let each layer cure. To be sure read the directions when using products at hand..

Post Thanks / Like
    What Joey P. said. I rarely read instructions, but You need to let it cure... 12 hours if possible. A minimum of 2 hours.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    The numbers in this poll kind of surprised me. Is there anyone who is not happy with their new version (revised adaptor) of the Edge 2000 pads? I expected to see a higher number for the Edge product. I know they got off to a rough start but I really like what they've ended up with. Great product. Maybe it's just that not many have tried the Edge product out.

When it comes to a persons worth, money is a lousy way to keep score.
    - GH

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    The numbers in this poll kind of surprised me. Is there anyone who is not happy with their new version (revised adaptor) of the Edge 2000 pads? I expected to see a higher number for the Edge product. I know they got off to a rough start but I really like what they've ended up with. Great product. Maybe it's just that not many have tried the Edge product out.
    Actually I am surprised by the numbers as well. Yet, I do not believe that I am of the same verb as you. I am surprised that the Edge pads are getting as high a mark as they are recieving. The reason being is.... I believe that there are a lot of members that are in my boat. Already supplied with a number of good pads that are far from worn out. I am just so heavily invested in LC pads and Propel2 pads that it is hard for me to make the change to another system.
    cwcad

Do What You Say....Say What You Do!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life's details

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    I am just so heavily invested in LC pads and Propel2 pads that it is hard for me to make the change to another system.
    I hear you. I was there as well. I still have a couple of dozen Meguiar's pads in my stock pile and many of them are new and none of them are worn out. I took the plunge and can say that I'm glad I did. I've actually considered picking up a second PC just to leave the hook and look backing plate on it. I won't waste the pads I've got but I will make Edge my pad of choice for future purchases. I find it to be both ecomical and very easy to use.

I'm still interested in finding out if there are any users of the new version of the Edge adapter and pads that don't like them.
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 05-06-2006 at 12:05 PM.

When it comes to a persons worth, money is a lousy way to keep score.
    - GH

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    I hear you. I was there as well. I still have a couple of dozen Meguiar's pads in my stock pile and many of them are new and none of them are worn out. I took the plunge and can say that I'm glad I did. I've actually considered picking up a second PC just to leave the hook and look backing plate on it. I won't waste the pads I've got but I will make Edge my pad of choice for future purchases. I find it to be both ecomical and very easy to use.

I'm still interested in finding out if there are any users of the new version of the Edge adapter and pads that don't like them.
    since many use this sysyem on another forum i would have though to get a reply ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    since many use this sysyem on another forum i would have though to get a reply ..
    I have my kit but have not used it yet, was windy as hell last week and don't really have the time this week to do a full detail. But I just received the new samples from Aaron at Edge for 4" orange and blue pads. I'm about to go try orange pad and AIO on glass to get the waterspots off, wool pad and AIO worked but my arms killed me afterwards lol.

But, think I posted this as well, buddy has the Edge system along with other pads from before like Lake Country. Said he'll never use any other pad again, loves the Edge pads. Nothing wrong with the others but the fact that they are dual sided, quck connect/release, and very solid and high quality makes them tops in his opinion. A lot of people don't want to spend the money but it's worth it IMO. Makes it a lot easier on trucks especially, can flip the pad quickly or even use one product on one side and another on the other. I also like the fact that Edge will make you custom pads like one with foam on one side and wool on the other etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to use the my newly purchased LC kit and was quiet pleased.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    I have my kit but have not used it yet, was windy as hell last week and don't really have the time this week to do a full detail. But I just received the new samples from Aaron at Edge for 4" orange and blue pads. I'm about to go try orange pad and AIO on glass to get the waterspots off, wool pad and AIO worked but my arms killed me afterwards lol.

But, think I posted this as well, buddy has the Edge system along with other pads from before like Lake Country. Said he'll never use any other pad again, loves the Edge pads. Nothing wrong with the others but the fact that they are dual sided, quck connect/release, and very solid and high quality makes them tops in his opinion. A lot of people don't want to spend the money but it's worth it IMO. Makes it a lot easier on trucks especially, can flip the pad quickly or even use one product on one side and another on the other. I also like the fact that Edge will make you custom pads like one with foam on one side and wool on the other etc.
    Surfer, thanks for taking the time to write. I was ready to get the edge 2000,but now they have the WW pads so im trying to get the pros and cons..

Post Thanks / Like
    I was about to order some more Lake County pads untill I saw those Edge WW pads, now Im reconsidering my options. I only have 8 lake county pads in my collection as of right now so I may try out the new Edge system...hmmm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast