autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Vaccum Nozzle?

What kidn of Vacuum nozzle is everyone using to vaccum carpets? It seems that the ones that came wth my Rigid Wet/Dry are just not cutting it. Is there something better out there that you guys are using?

I have tired the hard plastic nozzles, and also the brushed vaccum nozzles. It seems that you have to hold the hard nozzle just right to get anything out of the carpet, and the soft brushes leave little fibers from the brush everywhere... There has got to be something better...

Post Thanks / Like
    They sell a car nozzle at Home Depot. I just use the one that came with my rigid (4 gal 5 hp i think) and it works fine for me. Definitely not a carpet extractor, but also not close to 1000 dollars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the regular nozzle but I have to hold it flush to the floor so that the suction is strong. I don't have the heavy duty shop vac that some of you all have, but that is the way that works best for me. I'm sure Justin will chime in soon and give some tips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you already have the Ridgid Wet/Dry you might look into the auto detail accessory kit that Ridgid makes ( Longer hose and some different shaped nozzles ).

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie
    Since you already have the Ridgid Wet/Dry you might look into the auto detail accessory kit that Ridgid makes ( Longer hose and some different shaped nozzles ).
    I think I allready have the auto kit for my Rigid. (I cant remember, I have a big collection of nozzles).

I tried this last night, I took the Hoover windtunnel turbine actuated brush from my house vacuum and put it on the end of the shop vac hose. It worked great for getting hair and stuff out of the carpet. I wish it were a little more aggressive/got deeper into the plush of the carpet.

I guess I am looking for the profesional look on the carpets. I have taken my car to some places, and looking at the carpets, you can definitely tell they used something really strong to vacuum them. There is almost a visible mark of the path of the nozzle in the carpet...

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought an extra attachment for the Ridgid, Home Depot sells them. I use it for vacuuming my carpets and vacuuming my house!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rneily
    I think I allready have the auto kit for my Rigid. (I cant remember, I have a big collection of nozzles).

I tried this last night, I took the Hoover windtunnel turbine actuated brush from my house vacuum and put it on the end of the shop vac hose. It worked great for getting hair and stuff out of the carpet. I wish it were a little more aggressive/got deeper into the plush of the carpet.

I guess I am looking for the profesional look on the carpets. I have taken my car to some places, and looking at the carpets, you can definitely tell they used something really strong to vacuum them. There is almost a visible mark of the path of the nozzle in the carpet...
    The way I put the "lines" in the carpets is that I fill a spray bottle mixed with Woolite/Water 5:1 and generously spray it on the carpet. I use a stiff brush to loosen all the dirt, let is sit for a minute or so, then vacuum it up. Since the carpet will still be slightly wet/damp, you can just use the attachment without the vacuum to draw the lines in it. Works great!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    I bought an extra attachment for the Ridgid, Home Depot sells them. I use it for vacuuming my carpets and vacuuming my house!!!
    I stopped by Home Depot on the way home from work tonight. I think that the nozzle you were talking about (looks like the one at the gas station quarter vacuums) was the ONLY one that I didnt have in my collection.

I bought it, and tried it out when I got home. It worked really well, but the construction of it was a) really cheap and b) you had to use this funky adapter that came with it.

I think I will return it and look for another one that is a little more beefy and that doesn't require the use of an adapter.

Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually the "claw" peice costs around $15 for a solid piece. My local HD had it, and I bought it. MUCH better quality than the one you get with the vac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nick19
    Usually the "claw" peice costs around $15 for a solid piece. My local HD had it, and I bought it. MUCH better quality than the one you get with the vac.
    Nick, Sounds like we might have to get one of those. Can you discribe what we want to look for when you say "Claw".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast