autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st "Documented" Metro MasterBlaster Catastrophe

Alright here are some pictures of my $750.00 extractor hose (a lot more than a Metro unit) and if this is an issue with the Metro I feel a replacement for my extractor is in order... (sorry for the sarcasm)

My unit:

The hose end is removable (reverse thread):

So is the other end:

These pictures support my previous statements that they are designed this way... I check both ends periodically... Can these ends coming off during a cleaning cause danger to the vehicle? No but that is because this is strictly a suction device not a blowing one also... The point I am making is it is not a defect in any way but as the operator need to be aware that you need to check for the tightness of these ends periodically... (no blame pointing or finger pointing intended here just some positive info for users of the Metro)
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

For the price of these things I shouldn't have to. The nozzle should be firmly attached and not come off at inopportune times. I shouldn't have to check it every time I use it. It should only become unattached when I decide it should. Just because you're willing to accept subpar performance doesn't mean everyone should.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrod View Post
    For the price of these things I shouldn't have to. The nozzle should be firmly attached and not come off at inopportune times. I shouldn't have to check it every time I use it. It should only become unattached when I decide it should. Just because you're willing to accept subpar performance doesn't mean everyone should.
    I am not accepting "sub-par performance" these units are designed for the pro and they are designed with the intent that they are easy to replace things on instead of either buying an expensive replacement assy or having to take it to some high dollar per hour repair place if it fails...

If you don't want to "check it every time you use it" then do as I and others have suggested and stick some glue or silicone on it!

I worked for Chem-Dry for 7 years and have had hoses come apart on me many times... it is much easier to unscrew the end cut the hose where it needs to be the screw on the end... opposed to stopping production until the hose is fixed...

These hoses are universal parts not "custom designed" for the Metro only... it has a general size and general ends for you the consumer to be able to repair at a lesser cost... Don't be mad that the company "makes a sub-par" product be happy that they are not making a propriotary product that will cost you 25x the price it should if it does fail... it is not a design flaw or some qc guy being lazy it is an industry standard....
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrownKote View Post
    Alright here are some pictures of my $750.00 extractor hose (a lot more than a Metro unit) and if this is an issue with the Metro I feel a replacement for my extractor is in order... (sorry for the sarcasm)

My unit:

The hose end is removable (reverse thread):

So is the other end:

These pictures support my previous statements that they are designed this way... I check both ends periodically... Can these ends coming off during a cleaning cause danger to the vehicle? No but that is because this is strictly a suction device not a blowing one also... The point I am making is it is not a defect in any way but as the operator need to be aware that you need to check for the tightness of these ends periodically... (no blame pointing or finger pointing intended here just some positive info for users of the Metro)
    Yes Chris,I have the same Duramaid unit as you and have never had a issue with the nozzle either.
    But as you stated,the extractor does indeed suck the air.I think (IMO) this is where a design change is in order because the MasterBlaster does kick out (blow) a high velocity of air.
    I would think that 10/10 times the unit that's blowing the air (trying to force the nozzle off) will have issues before a unit that suck the air (trying to retain the nozzle).
    And for that matter,the MasterBlaster does force the air out with EXTREME air pressure/velocity.
    A design change with how the nozzle is retained to the hose on the MasterBlaster,would make the unit almost bullet proof/idiot proof (myself)
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought some higher end attachments for coiled hoses. The expensive ones were all threaded. I screwed them on tightly.
    The cheap ones were slide-on, and clamp that can really let go. If you don't have enough confidence in the screw-on then use a clamp for back-up. I wouldn't, and I really wouldn't use any adhesive that will not come apart in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post
    Yes Chris,I have the same Duramaid unit as you and have never had a issue with the nozzle either.
    But as you stated,the extractor does indeed suck the air.I think (IMO) this is where a design change is in order because the MasterBlaster does kick out (blow) a high velocity of air.
    I would think that 10/10 times the unit that's blowing the air (trying to force the nozzle off) will have issues before a unit that suck the air (trying to retain the nozzle).
    And for that matter,the MasterBlaster does force the air out with EXTREME air pressure/velocity.
    A design change with how the nozzle is retained to the hose on the MasterBlaster,would make the unit almost bullet proof/idiot proof (myself)
    Understandable... I have a MB that I lent out to a friend... They are powerful and great but the threaded hose end is what is needed to keep it on there as glue tends to deteriorate over age and that would suck if you had that happen the screw system is very secure just keep it tight and throw a small amount of silicone on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I recently bought some higher end attachments for coiled hoses. The expensive ones were all threaded. I screwed them on tightly.
    The cheap ones were slide-on, and clamp that can really let go. If you don't have enough confidence in the screw-on then use a clamp for back-up. I wouldn't, and I really wouldn't use any adhesive that will not come apart in the future.
    the clamp on ones are very cheap... and will shoot off like a rocket if given the opportunity...
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

Mine came loose during loose but never lost it. I may do the silicone trick.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of black rtv would be all it would take.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234