autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Justin,
    Staying mobile and getting a shell is definately a good choice. You have been working out of your truck for along time and know what you need to do a detail. Why carry everything you have to a site when you only need about 2-4 oz. of a product depending on what you are doing. A trailer will add extra expenses to gas and maybe insurance but I am not sure of that. I know there are some small generators out now so you can fit one into your truck so you dont have to depend on customer electricity. From the work I have seen you have the quality of work down, now you can focus on how to be more profitable and I am sure AG will help with that since you have switched to DP. You have to ask yourself WWJD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Russecu
    Justin,
    Staying mobile and getting a shell is definately a good choice. You have been working out of your truck for along time and know what you need to do a detail. Why carry everything you have to a site when you only need about 2-4 oz. of a product depending on what you are doing. A trailer will add extra expenses to gas and maybe insurance but I am not sure of that. I know there are some small generators out now so you can fit one into your truck so you dont have to depend on customer electricity. From the work I have seen you have the quality of work down, now you can focus on how to be more profitable and I am sure AG will help with that since you have switched to DP. You have to ask yourself WWJD?
    Thanks once again. You are right in so many ways. Insurance on the trailer is another 50.00 per month and God only know what it will do to my gas bill. I learned this summer that 8oz. sample bottles are the way to with polishes, sealants, and waxes. I started out carrying so much stuff. Gallons of this and that. It was crazy. Now I carry 7 spray bottles; two are for degreasers. I use more of this than anything. I now just bring my bottles in and fill them inside after working. It's sort of like doing my paperwork!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    There is so much good advice and information in this thread. Justin, I just want to wish you the best of luck continued success in all that you do. Your posts are always a joy to read and the pics testify to your detailing expertise.

Nick, it is truly amazing what you have accomplished at your age. I know you will go very far.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a great advantage being in a warmer climate. Staying mobile does help keep expenses lower.

For me, a shop was the answer since I live in northern Indiana. Temperatures could be as low as 0F with snow and ice around: time to go indoors. Also, my shop was used for more than just detailing. Some of the staff would go mobile, especially in the summer, but that wasn't the bulk of my business.

Putting a cap/shell on your pickup is a better idea than the trailer, if you can fit all your equipment and not spend an hour unloading when you get to a jobsite.

Have you considered a bigger vehicle, or does the Ranger fit sizewise? I have seen some that use full size cargo vans, but they limit themselves as work vehicles only. Personally, I thought a service truck would be great in a warmer climate. You could lock the sides and the top at night and not have to drag everything inside at night.

Either way, congratulations on getting out of what can be the gritty side of the auto business (sales/F&I) and getting into the clean side of things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    There is so much good advice and information in this thread. Justin, I just want to wish you the best of luck continued success in all that you do. Your posts are always a joy to read and the pics testify to your detailing expertise.

Nick, it is truly amazing what you have accomplished at your age. I know you will go very far.
    With what you did with that bug - man, if you did that to my vette, it would still look the same as then!
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB
    You have a great advantage being in a warmer climate. Staying mobile does help keep expenses lower.

For me, a shop was the answer since I live in northern Indiana. Temperatures could be as low as 0F with snow and ice around: time to go indoors. Also, my shop was used for more than just detailing. Some of the staff would go mobile, especially in the summer, but that wasn't the bulk of my business.

Putting a cap/shell on your pickup is a better idea than the trailer, if you can fit all your equipment and not spend an hour unloading when you get to a jobsite.

Have you considered a bigger vehicle, or does the Ranger fit sizewise? I have seen some that use full size cargo vans, but they limit themselves as work vehicles only. Personally, I thought a service truck would be great in a warmer climate. You could lock the sides and the top at night and not have to drag everything inside at night.

Either way, congratulations on getting out of what can be the gritty side of the auto business (sales/F&I) and getting into the clean side of things.
    I'm getting a shell painted as we speak. I have a design layed out for the interior. Will be pretty cool if all goes to plan. Thanks for you help on this. Oh yeah, I'm insulating and heating the inside of the area.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    Simply an amazing deal!
    Now I just need a loan.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOBIL...QQcmdZViewItem
    That thing is awesome ...I wonder if it ever sold?

2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
    aka "Storm Trooper"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many" - Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it did. I lost track of it. Way to much money for me. I'm picking up my shell tomorrow. Can't wait to start building the cabinents and all for the inside. I'm so anal about organization.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345