autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: To Wave or not

Post Thanks / Like

To Wave or not

This week's special is what I've been waiting for (one of them). Do I want to go with the regular edge pack or go with the wave 5 pack and add in what the flat combo has? The price isn't really all that different. What would you do? I'm a little tired of chaging hook and loop pads, cleaning them in the middle of a detail...

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I miss something? This week's special? I didnt see this week's special yet...
    Hmmmm....

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your inbox.... ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well... the email bug finally hit me..... I didnt get the newsletter..... 1st tme.....
    Strange..... there has to be a common denominator somewhere as to why people do and donot get the newsletter.....
    Im getting email from AG site, so its not my email..... strange......

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autogeek.net/exteriorcare.html

scroll down..upper left hand corner of the offerings.. also scrolling across the top of the page.
    Last edited by badblzr2; 11-20-2006 at 05:02 PM. Reason: .

Post Thanks / Like
    for the PC, the flat pads seem better. you dont need the wave as that is meant for rotaries to prevent heat buildup and reduces risk of paint burning.

Id go with classic

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input. I knew heat wasn't really a problem with the PC, so I was a little confused by the marketing of less heat with the convoluted design. Seems to be pushing it a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by badblzr2
    This week's special is what I've been waiting for (one of them). Do I want to go with the regular edge pack or go with the wave 5 pack and add in what the flat combo has? The price isn't really all that different. What would you do? I'm a little tired of chaging hook and loop pads, cleaning them in the middle of a detail...
    I have both sets, they both work amazingly compared to other pads. Depending on how much you want to spend I would say get both, but if your strapped for cash go with the 99 dollar regular edge pad kit, you get all the pad plus the xmt pad liquids, which are a must with these pads, not to say you can't use the pads without it, but they help out a lot with conditioning and cleaning, very important to polishing correctly and efficiently and maintaining the life of your pad. As much as a like the wave pads, I will say there is not much density to them and it often feel like you could hit the paint with the metal adapter and the top of the pad seems to hit the d/a arou the center leaving grease marks on the pad, with this being said, I still use them and havn't had any major problems and I would still highly reccomend either of the two.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I was looking for. Awesome.