autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

looking into getting a polisher

im a little new when it comes to polisher i have used both rotary and da, but dont have much experience in both. I dont care about the learning curves or such i just want to know what people recomend on what polishers to get into rotary or da im looking at a flex for eaither. I have heard about the flex 3401 but are you still going to be able to get better results with a rotary. O and just to get this cleared up im looking for a showcar finish since this will be getting used once im comfortable with it on my rx7 with ashton martin meatorite silver paint that just came out of the booth. thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking into getting a polisher

There is hardly anybody who has purchased a Flex orbital and regretted the purchase or demanded return and rotary version. Its forced orbit and extreme power makes it one of the easiest and best offerings in polishers. I highly suggest it and doubt you'd ever feel you made the wrong choice.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

ok last question do i need da specific polish or can i use any polish??? because i know i have seen specific da and rotary polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by viviorunitia88 View Post
    ok last question do i need da specific polish or can i use any polish??? because i know i have seen specific da and rotary polish.
    Most polishes can be used with a DA or rotary. If you are just starting out I would get the Wolfgang Twins as it is very user friendly. You can alway's step up to Meg's 105/205 for heavier correction as you learn the process.

Post Thanks / Like

i was looking into the menz polish and dodo juice lime prime since im not going to be doing a lot of correction i figured that would be some decent products to start to learn on and if i need to do some corection i should be comfortable enough to move to a higher menz polish i just like the demishing abrasives

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by viviorunitia88 View Post
    i was looking into the menz polish and dodo juice lime prime since im not going to be doing a lot of correction i figured that would be some decent products to start to learn on and if i need to do some corection i should be comfortable enough to move to a higher menz polish i just like the demishing abrasives
    If you like demishing abrasives then you owe it to yourself to try the wolfgang-swirl-remover combo. No it's not the answer for everything but it does everything I've ever ask and is very user friendly. I think it is made by Menz for AG.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    If you like demishing abrasives then you owe it to yourself to try the wolfgang-swirl-remover combo. No it's not the answer for everything but it does everything I've ever ask and is very user friendly. I think it is made by Menz for AG.
    I would almost think that Megs 105 and 205 would be preferred for a beginner since it does not have diminishing abrasives. I know for many newbs, knowing when to step working a diminishing abrasive polish is what they have a difficulty in getting down. With a non diminishing abrasive, that is not an issue, you stop when the marring is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    I would almost think that Megs 105 and 205 would be preferred for a beginner since it does not have diminishing abrasives. I know for many newbs, knowing when to step working a diminishing abrasive polish is what they have a difficulty in getting down. With a non diminishing abrasive, that is not an issue, you stop when the marring is gone.
    I disagree, the diminishing abrasive is better for a beginner because it progressively gets smaller and smaller, you can come really close to an LSP ready finish with WG TSR, no matter how good you are you will need to at least follow 105 with 205 and some even follow further with Menz 085. Once you see the diminishing abrasives disappear you are done with the 105 you need to know when you are done or it will just keep cutting.
    I have seen more posts here complaining of holograms with the 105/205 combo...It's a learning curve but if you want a newbie to not get frustrated and to expand, and keep learning' it's better that they get good results the first few times they try.
    Before a flame starts...I'm not comparing 105/205 to WG TSR combo. I'm saying for a beginner the first time out it's more forgiving and works really well. If he were under the watchful eye of a pro that might be a different story. I have 105/205 as well as the the WG combo and I pick up the WG 9 out of 10 times for it's easy, forgiving characteristics. Like Mike says "Find something you like and use it often" I have and I do.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    I disagree, the diminishing abrasive is better for a beginner because it progressively gets smaller and smaller, you can come really close to an LSP ready finish with WG TSR, no matter how good you are you will need to at least follow 105 with 205 and some even follow further with Menz 085. Once you see the diminishing abrasives disappear you are done with the 105 you need to know when you are done or it will just keep cutting.
    I have seen more posts here complaining of holograms with the 105/205 combo...It's a learning curve but if you want a newbie to not get frustrated and to expand, and keep learning' it's better that they get good results the first few times they try.
    Before a flame starts...I'm not comparing 105/205 to WG TSR combo. I'm saying for a beginner the first time out it's more forgiving and works really well. If he were under the watchful eye of a pro that might be a different story. I have 105/205 as well as the the WG combo and I pick up the WG 9 out of 10 times for it's easy, forgiving characteristics. Like Mike says "Find something you like and use it often" I have and I do.
    Bert might be the exception.

Post Thanks / Like

i looked into the wolfgang and it seems like good stuff but i found Menzerna polishes for ceramic clear coat paint, Flex buffer, Nano polish, super intensive, Lake Country pads, Show car kit
    since my car is getting sprayed with ceramic clear i thought this may be best.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast