autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Edge Pads vs. Lake Country

So, I pretty much know the difference between the two, but what do you all prefer?

Also may want to note that I want something durable for the pads and the PC, for I plan on using the PC about 15 hours a week for customer vehicles. I've heard things of the backing plate overheating, so is the Edge pads a safer choice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Edge pads are true detailers choice. They last a little longer, and you can easy detail things like under spoiler. I really wanna get those myself for Christmas.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    Edge pads are true detailers choice. They last a little longer, and you can easy detail things like under spoiler. I really wanna get those myself for Christmas.
    Im not trying to put you on the spot but how can you give an opinion like that if you dont, or havent, even owned the Edge pads?

I cant comment on the LC pads, just got my sets in this week, but I did have a couple problems with the E2K stuff when I had it. Had two adapters fail and although Edge is a EXCELLENT company and have great customer service I felt that I truely had to try the LCs to find out what I really want to use in the future. E2K stuff works great.... I had a streak of bad luck I suppose. Ill be playing with my LCs very soon.
    ----2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition----
    --------------------568rwhp/551rwtq---------------------
    -D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-11psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengeance
    Im not trying to put you on the spot but how can you give an opinion like that if you dont, or havent, even owned the Edge pads?

I cant comment on the LC pads, just got my sets in this week, but I did have a couple problems with the E2K stuff when I had it. Had two adapters fail and although Edge is a EXCELLENT company and have great customer service I felt that I truely had to try the LCs to find out what I really want to use in the future. E2K stuff works great.... I had a streak of bad luck I suppose. Ill be playing with my LCs very soon.
    Heard that form Justin, man.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    You cannot go wrong withe the EDGE2K system.
    I've used their system everyday for the last 5 months. These are the mosr durable pads I've used. I still used one yellow pad that has seen over 125 cars!!! They all get washed in the machine on gentle cycle.
    Now, just like with any other product, there has been an issue or 2. Had a problem with my adapter. Called Aaron at EDGE and the NEXT morning there were 2 on my door step! He told me that he didn't want me ever loose any business over a product failure so he sent me a back-up. This customer support blew my mind and others can testify too. I will never knock another pad or product ever. LC makes good pads. I'm just telling you my experience with EDGE since I do this everyday.

Also, remember you are getting 2 pads in one.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    they are both great products, and I was a diehard LC pad user for the past several years only. I recently got the EDGE kit after asking "why should I change" and given an open opportunity to test. Their are some real benefits to their system also. Two sided pads is the most obvious.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the LC VC pads and the classic Edge pads (the velcro sided ones) for a bit and prefer the edge - they seemed sturdier and have more choices of ppi. I recently got the Edge 2000, they seem to be constructed very nice, but have yet to use them.
    Volvo s80 Black
    Jaguar SType Hunter Green
    Mercedes E500 Burgundy Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Friend turned me onto the Edge 2K system, and love it. Love the quick release, dual sides (perfect for our suv's), and the balance it gives the PC (much less vibration then normal). Plus Aaron made me custom 4" blue and orange pads to try out months and months ago, they deffinitley came in handy for spot buffing.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll throw in my vote for Edge!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Edge for all of the above especially ease of changing. It will save time and better maintain your momentum when you're "in the zone". LC is good for backup or a second dedicated machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast