autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What Camera do you use (and do you like it)!

Whats up! I'm not sure if there is a post like this on here yet or not, but I thought it would be kind of fun. Just wondering what type of camera everyone uses...if they like it and why (and the price range its in if you dont mind )

Personally I havent grabbed a new camera in a few years...right now I have a Samsung and really dont care for it. Takes great pictures dont get me wrong (7.2 Megapix), but it eats batteries...takes quite a long time to actually TAKE the picture (you have to press the button 1/2 way..wait for it to focus...then press it all the way and hope it doesnt tell you 'not in focus!') and really is more of a hassel than its worth.

I'm kinda interested in getting something that has a battery pack built in that I could recharge, but if anyone has a good one that wont eat fresh batteries after 50 pictures or less, i'd love to hear about it.......so everyone....whatcha got?!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Camera do you use (and do you like it)!

I have a couple that I use and like very much.

1. Panasonic DMC-FZ50 10MP (SLR-Like) / From $465.00 and up. Lots of assy's available!
    Good for BIG pictures, and about as close to a SLR as you can get!

2. Fuji FinePix J10 8.2MP (Point and Shoot) / $100.00 and up. Awesome (point and shoot)
    Great for quick snaps. Takes GREAT pics for the price you pay for the camera!

It really depends on how technical you are willing to get, and how much money you can afford.

A (SLR) will give you the greatest amount of flexibility, and the best pics. But it also has the greatest learning curve, along with a price tag of at least $650.00 and up!
    (High End)

A (SLR-Like) camera is between a (SLR) and a (Point and Shoot), as far as features and assy's. They can take pics as good as some (SLR)'s under the right conditions, and are a little cheaper and more user friendly.
    (Mid-Level)

A (Point and Shoot) camera is made to take exceptional pictures in almost any environment without having to worry about settings. Anyone can use one!

Do your research, and pic one that will do what you want!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Nikon D3000 and I love it. I used to be an avid photographer with film but after I lost the place I had to develop my own pictures in a darkroom, I lost interest and just got back into photography with a DSLR. In my opinion, many entry DSLRs are so easy to use that anyone can get stunning results and their prices have come down a long way. Of course, they have fully automatic settings but if you want ease of use with the ability to expand your skills in wanted, DSLRs offer that quality over a point and shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Canon Digital Rebel. LOve it. Great camera. Simple to use as a point and shoot. Capable of most advanced SLR features.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

Nikon D40x And have been very happy
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malachi0420 View Post
    I have a couple that I use and like very much.

1. Panasonic DMC-FZ50 10MP (SLR-Like) / From $465.00 and up. Lots of assy's available!
    Good for BIG pictures, and about as close to a SLR as you can get!

2. Fuji FinePix J10 8.2MP (Point and Shoot) / $100.00 and up. Awesome (point and shoot)
    Great for quick snaps. Takes GREAT pics for the price you pay for the camera!

It really depends on how technical you are willing to get, and how much money you can afford.

A (SLR) will give you the greatest amount of flexibility, and the best pics. But it also has the greatest learning curve, along with a price tag of at least $650.00 and up!
    (High End)

A (SLR-Like) camera is between a (SLR) and a (Point and Shoot), as far as features and assy's. They can take pics as good as some (SLR)'s under the right conditions, and are a little cheaper and more user friendly.
    (Mid-Level)

A (Point and Shoot) camera is made to take exceptional pictures in almost any environment without having to worry about settings. Anyone can use one!

Do your research, and pic one that will do what you want!
    I'd like to stay in the $200-300 dollar range...I want something easy to use and not too expensive but I also want something that will take good pictures and consistant pictures in all lighting...I dont want before pictures during the day where the defects are crystal clear...and then after pictures that may end up being at night where its rather difficult to really see the difference

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrWillsi3 View Post
    I'd like to stay in the $200-300 dollar range...I want something easy to use and not too expensive but I also want something that will take good pictures and consistant pictures in all lighting...I dont want before pictures during the day where the defects are crystal clear...and then after pictures that may end up being at night where its rather difficult to really see the difference
    Hi MrWillsi3,
    How important is the size of the camera? Would you prefer something that fits in your hand, or something that you can carry in your pocket?
    As for the lighting, if you have halogen work lights to detail by, lighting shouldn't be much of a problem, as you can move them to get the best results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malachi0420 View Post
    Hi MrWillsi3,
    How important is the size of the camera? Would you prefer something that fits in your hand, or something that you can carry in your pocket?
    As for the lighting, if you have halogen work lights to detail by, lighting shouldn't be much of a problem, as you can move them to get the best results.
    Hey there,

well to be honest size isnt a huge concern. My sister (detailing partner) just mentioned to me that she wants something a little more high end...shes into taking scenery pictures and things of that nature...but to be honest neither of us know a whole LOT about cameras.

I know i want something thats fast...that will start up fast...and take the picture fast without having to 'hold it in place' while it does its thing, know what i mean? We were in Sams Club yesterday and she saw the displays and was saying she wanted something with the detachable/changable lense etc....but trying to not go TOO far past $200...but kinda looks like we may not have a choice if thats what she really wants ya know?

For lighting i just ordered this from sears... http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1

pretty good deal i thought...also bought a LED worklight from home depot...Commercial Electrics...to use as a sort of swirl spotter ...it was $25 and rechargable and is really bright...i like it a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Here are a few recommendations in the $200-$300 range, no particular order:

Amazon.com: Casio EX-FC150 10.1MP High Speed Digital Camera with 5x Zoom with CMOS Shift Image…

Amazon.com: Casio EX-FH100 10.1MP High Speed Digital Camera with 10x Ultra Wide Angle Zoom with CMOS Shift Image Stabilization and 3.0 inch LCD: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SD3500IS 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 3.5-Inch Touch Panel LCD and…

Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot A1100IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x…

Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SX200IS 12 MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide Angle Optical Image…

Amazon.com: Fujifilm FinePix JZ500 14MP Digital Camera with 10x Wide Angle Optical Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Fujifilm FinePix F80EXR 12 MP Super CCD EXR Digital Camera with 10x Wide Angle Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch…

Amazon.com: Fujifilm FinePix S2500HD 12MP Digital Camera with 18x Optical Dual Image Stabilized Zoom: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Nikon Coolpix L110 12 MP Digital Camera with 15x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black): Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Nikon S570 Coolpix 12MP 5X Zoom: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 10.1 MP Digital Camera with…

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 2.7-Inch LCD (Black): Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR1 12.1MP Digital Camera with 8x POWER Optical…

Amazon.com: Olympus SP-800UZ 14MP Digital Camera with 30x Wide Angle Dual Image…

================================================== ======

If your sister really wants something with detachable lenses, you both would be extremely happy with this one!

Amazon.com: Olympus PEN E-PL1 12.3MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds…

also a good way to check a camera out is to go to youtube and search for the camera model number. I have already seen some impressive videos on this camera, I want one!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, you should be able to get a lot better pics with those lights, even with your old camera. Just remember to disable the camera flash, if it will let you.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast