autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Camera do you use (and do you like it)!

I use the
    Canon PowerShot SX20IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch Articulating LCD
    By far a great camera, I wanted the quality of DSLR but without the Size an pricing that comes with them.. So I researched an a Hybrid camera as what they are called is what i came up with..
    Just look at the reviews.. +plus it records in HD quality.

They camera does run on 4AA batteries, I suggest buying a charger with rechargeable AA batteries, 1 night at a concert i took 150 pics and about 15mins worth of HD video, It was also turned ON an OFF many times throughout the night, and only 1/4 of the battery was used..

Aside from choosing to use the viewfinder or the LCD screen the LCD screen can be moved, angled or flipped around to your viewing preference.

Hope this helps, Amazon has bundles for real cheap..
    Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SX20IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch Articulating LCD: Camera & Photo

Post Thanks / Like

Hi , In response to your question, you may want to look at the new Cannon SX210 IS camera. It has an impressive 14MP, and a 14X optical zoom and 720p video. it is compact , has a built-in pop up flash and quite a few menu options as well as being able to adjust it manual as well as auto modes. I think you can buy it on Newegg.com for about 329.00 hope this helps?

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

malachi0420...wow quite a list you got for me...thanks a lot...looks like i have some homework to do! Hope I didtn tie up too much of your time making a list like that for me lol

2kredbb6....Thats a pretty impressive review you gave on that camera...150 pics with only 1/4 of your batteries used....and 15 min of video...very cool. Sounds like its got some pretty cool bells and whistles to it...Having quality video would be a nice plus too...pictures are great, but a quick vid. is always a nice plus too Mind me asking what type of batteries/charger you used to get so many pics off of such little battery juice?

intmdt8r...Yes that helps very much...it looks like on top of all the studying/practicing and researching im doing on detailing and music...I am now going to end up being a damn camera freak! Funny how one job leads to another isnt it?

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to select single camera that can cover quite a gammut of tasks with differing requirements on camera, from landscape to documenting swirls, all without getting carried away and ending up with tons of lens is just as possible as finding a single wrench that can do it all and make everybody happy.

If I had to pick one that would be best compromise (and I have a hands on experience with quite a few) I would reach for Canon G11.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    Trying to select single camera that can cover quite a gammut of tasks with differing requirements on camera, from landscape to documenting swirls, all without getting carried away and ending up with tons of lens is just as possible as finding a single wrench that can do it all and make everybody happy.

If I had to pick one that would be best compromise (and I have a hands on experience with quite a few) I would reach for Canon G11.
    I shall keep that in mind and add it to the list! Hey if anyone whos reading this has a good camera that they dont use anymore that they may want to sell....let me know what your asking for it....you can PM me or just send to my email WindowsAndWheels@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

Energizer Rechargeable battery's
    Energizer Rechargeable: Charger Chooser

It is a 15min charger, charges AA/AAA batteries comes with a wall outlet and a car adapter for on the go capabilities when you need it..
    It'll run you about $30 for everything..

Post Thanks / Like

Cannon 5d

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot with a Nikon D3000 as well and love using it.
    Oxford White 2003 SVT Cobra #6,114 of 8,394
    Just your everyday 500WHP Car.

--Poorboy's Fanboy--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2kredbb6 View Post
    Energizer Rechargeable battery's
    Energizer Rechargeable: Charger Chooser

It is a 15min charger, charges AA/AAA batteries comes with a wall outlet and a car adapter for on the go capabilities when you need it..
    It'll run you about $30 for everything..

Cool, yeah ive seen those. I got a little cheap reachargable set up but they dont last for anything...some duracell set up...I'm really not too hip on what the difference between battery ratings are either, or if it matters too much...but i'll look into that set up

Post Thanks / Like

Pentax K-x here, and I absolutely LOVE it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast