autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for carpet/upholstery vaccum/cleaners.

I need some tools to clean the fabric interior and carpets of my car. I just have some simple APC and brush it, but no vaccum to dry off the water and such. I've seen people use the ShopVac and Bissel's Littel Green Machine. I'm looking for a vaccum that can take up water and have the option to blow air out whenever I clean my engine compartment.

Would it be a good idea to buy a ShopVac or the little green machine? Or should I just rent the steam vaccums from a nearby grocery store whenever necessary. I'd prefer having my own eqiupment, but if their steam vaccums are much better, I may stick with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    darksparkz,

This is a really good question. I spent a few hours this weekend cleaning the interior of my car and I quickly learned that my vacuum and my shopvac were not cutting it.

I think my problem has to do with attachments. Nothing seemed to be able to get into all the nooks and crannies that my little car has. Sure the Shopvac has the power but if the attachment can't get close to the carpet what's the use.

I'm looking forward to the other's suggestions.

S>

Post Thanks / Like
    I find a little Woolite and the scrub brushes on my PC are all that are needed for mat cleaning.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the Bissell Little Green Machine 1425-1, with the turbo brush.

Just tried using it on my carpets, it works quite well. First I sprayed with APC and agitated with a brush, then I filled up the LGM with only hot water and had it spray and vaccum it up. Dirt spots are gone and looks quite a bit better. The only disadvantage was that the suction isn't quite strong enough, it leaves the carpet quite damp and may take a few hours for it to completely air dry afterwords.

I need something with better suction to be able to clean it better, I may look for a shop vac as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    How well did APC work for you on carpet cleaning??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottinflorida
    darksparkz,

This is a really good question. I spent a few hours this weekend cleaning the interior of my car and I quickly learned that my vacuum and my shopvac were not cutting it.

I think my problem has to do with attachments. Nothing seemed to be able to get into all the nooks and crannies that my little car has. Sure the Shopvac has the power but if the attachment can't get close to the carpet what's the use.

I'm looking forward to the other's suggestions.

S>
    Take a look at a local big box hardware store. They sell detailing attachment kits for shop vacs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    How well did APC work for you on carpet cleaning??
    I just used some generic APC from Sam's Club and it seemed to work quite well. I might get some Blue Magic or other brand name APC to see if it works better, but just any regular APC is quite enough if you brush well.