autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

To lint or not to lint???

Being a newbie, I've tried to find the perfect MF towels. All the "this towel lints, this towel doesn't lint" posts have not solved the issue. After reading about Shamrocks, I ordered some; washed in micro restore, 2nd rinse, and dryed on "air only". The first time I used them, lint was everywhere; shows up on black!! Washed 2 more times before using again and they still lint like crazy. I'm talking to the point where the seams are so full of green lint you can see it without a light. Don't use 'em anymore.
    Tried some of the lavender 600's, expensive but I had to have something that wouldn't lint. So far, they do what they say with no lint. Now, I've read where one person had linting issues with the 600's. I got some of the white edgeless on BOGO and they do really well at polish/wax removal with no lint. Why do some guys (and gals) have linting problems with one towel and some don't. Is it different batches are made differently? Or the way some are washed and dryed? Is there one towel out there that NO ONE has had linting issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: To lint or not to lint???

I think some get lint from the dryer. If it is not cleaned good after drying cotton towels it will have lint in the exhaust screen.

I have 2 dozen of the 750 Shamrock towels and after washing them when new and removing the lint that was on them when shipped I have not had a problem.

I have many different brands of towels and do not have a lint problem with any of them that is why I believe lint problems are created and not the fault of the micro-Fiber towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost all MF lints. PERIOD !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I think some get lint from the dryer. If it is not cleaned good after drying cotton towels it will have lint in the exhaust screen.

I have 2 dozen of the 750 Shamrock towels and after washing them when new and removing the lint that was on them when shipped I have not had a problem.

I have many different brands of towels and do not have a lint problem with any of them that is why I believe lint problems are created and not the fault of the micro-Fiber towel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wax Gorilla View Post
    Almost all MF lints. PERIOD !
    I tend to agree that all MF towels "can" lint but dont and might be different in different environments. I do think alot can be said for type of cleaner used, type of drier used and its condition prior to use, and even truly feel those blue balls help. I think a good regimine should reduce any potential linting in the thickest and plushiest of towels which seem to get the biggest challenge.

Scott