autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with Lake Country pad after two uses...

I bought a 5.5" lake country pad off of detailedimage awhile back and have only used it twice. The black on the back of the pad is peeling off!

This isn't typical right? Oh and I ordered from there before knowing about this site.

I have cleaned the pad twice using the DP Pad Cleaner.

I have a porter cable 7424xp with a 5" backing plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Problem with Lake Country pad after two uses...

Which pad was it? I've had some trouble with the Hydro pads.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5.5 x 1.25 Inch Foam Pads, hydrotech foam buffing pads, dual action foam pads

It's the orange pad, believe it's those..

Rasky recommended them to me, I have two of the orange pads and only one is falling apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redsi4 View Post
    I bought a 5.5" lake country pad off of detailedimage awhile back and have only used it twice. The black on the back of the pad is peeling off!

This isn't typical right? Oh and I ordered from there before knowing about this site.

I've seen more than a few reports of the same. Word is the pads may be becoming delaminated due to moisture compounded by the heat of use. Recommendations are to make sure the HydroTechs are absolutely dry from washing before use.

Drop DI support a line and I'm sure Greg or George will replace it for you. There's a Contact link at the bottom of their Home page.

TL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    I've seen more than a few reports of the same. Word is the pads may be becoming delaminated due to moisture compounded by the heat of use. Recommendations are to make sure the HydroTechs are absolutely dry from washing before use.

Drop DI support a line and I'm sure Greg or George will replace it for you. There's a Contact link at the bottom of their Home page.

TL

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the hydro-tech pads I've had had the backing come off of them within a few uses. This is TOTALLY unacceptable, no matter what the reason is. There needs to be a complete investigation into the cause and a resolution should be established before selling any more of them, just IMO.

Stick with the CCS pads until LC releases a new version of the HT pads. Trust me, I basically threw away $120 buying HT pads and had to spend another $60 to replace them with CCS pads that I haven't had a single problem with yet. Good luck.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing View Post
    Most of the hydro-tech pads I've had had the backing come off of them within a few uses. This is TOTALLY unacceptable, no matter what the reason is. There needs to be a complete investigation into the cause and a resolution should be established before selling any more of them, just IMO.

Stick with the CCS pads until LC releases a new version of the HT pads. Trust me, I basically threw away $120 buying HT pads and had to spend another $60 to replace them with CCS pads that I haven't had a single problem with yet. Good luck.

I've found that another two of my pads are doing this. I had one replaced already but I'm just going to send them back or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redsi4 View Post

All of my Hydro-Tech pads have a white backing.

The ones that detailed image sells may be different, but I have seen pics of them posted by forum members at various sites, and they have all had white backing.

So, I don't think this is a Hydro-Tech pad.

DI also sells flat Lake Country pads, which would be the ones with the black backing.
    You would have to contact Detailed Image, as Autogeek doesn't (yet) sell the 5.5" flat pads.

So, this doesn't need to turn into another Hydro-Tech bashing thread.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

If possible, I would like picture of the defective pads, chemicals used, machine used. You can email that to me at eric@lakecountrymfg.com Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pad Man View Post
    If possible, I would like picture of the defective pads, chemicals used, machine used. You can email that to me at eric@lakecountrymfg.com Thanks.
    Eric, Hi! You are evaluating to take the velcro all to the edge as the CCS have? Can you update us of the tests you are developing? I saw several posts of people having problems and to clarify to all it will be very good from your side to clarify to all of us what you think. I know you posted on another thread saying you don´t have many complains about problems on the HT..but according to posts here some of the members report issues. Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast