autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Deep down I must have a hose nozzle fetish, as I cannot stop looking at them and searching for the perfect one. I currently long for a Firemans nozzle that works properly and lasts more than a couple months. I have always wanted the Griots Version (pricing is ridiculous), I have had and relinquished the Bonaire Version, and find that the 5.00 Walmart special seems to work as well (although built like crud) in spray patterns (which isnt a compliment as they all seem to have 1 or 2 spray patterns that dont work properly or dribble) . Now I found this :

Has anyone tried this unit ?? Any advice ?? Do ALL the spray patterns work well and distinquished from the past pattern ??

I am also still searching for a rubber hose nozzle (believed to be called a water restriction nozzle) that will not hurt if you bump the finish and has to be pushed slightly to have water released. (seems like it might be good for final washing and sheeting water). This unit in about 3 inches in length and other than the brass end (where it attaches to hose), is all rubber and straight in length. Any help is appreciated also .
    Killer,

Did you ever pick up this nozzle? I tried it out...it was $20 at Lowes. I don't know...I'm not sure if I have low water pressure, not enough pressure, or I'm just expecting something more than a fireman's nozzle can deliver.

I have some cheap nozzles and they deliver a ton of pressure...possibly because they are putting out less water but at higher pressures. The fireman's nozzle you linked to seams to deliver more water but at lower pressure. I did like the easy shut off lever and the nozzle is big and sturdy. I may return it..only tried it for about 5 minutes...not sure if I like it or not.

So if you got it, what do you think of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I never got the one pictured above, as could only find it in catalogs for that exact design. I have several other fireman nozzles but none is a gun design. I would suggest considering a Dramm shutvalve. It seems to help increase water pressure and I have had no problems since installing it, believe model is 300.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    But Killr, I thought you used the foam gun? Does the foam gun allow you to rinse without the soap? Or is there still a need to use a spray nozzel?

I have a spray nozzel (gilmore?) I picked up a Lowes. Frairly basic but works okay. I don't have water pressure problems, thank goodness!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf
    But Killr, I thought you used the foam gun? Does the foam gun allow you to rinse without the soap? Or is there still a need to use a spray nozzel?

I have a spray nozzel (gilmore?) I picked up a Lowes. Frairly basic but works okay. I don't have water pressure problems, thank goodness!

To late for pics ... so I will try to discuss my setup!

At the end of my hose (that sounds dirty) I have a Dramm shutoff value. I dont use the orange gun part of the foam gun, but I do have a quick release attached to the end of the foam gun where it connects to the gun originally. This works with the Dramm unit. I then have about 10 other nozzles, each with a quick release attached to them.

So I can use the water to run out of the Dramm unit for sheeting water, I can quickly attach my foam gun, and/or I can attach any nozzle like the pressure spray from driveway cleanup. I even have a quick release on my homes pressure washer.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great setup. I like the idea of the dramm shut off value. I need that! I too have the quick release brass fittings.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf
    Sounds like a great setup. I like the idea of the dramm shut off value. I need that! I too have the quick release brass fittings.
    so darn easy to use, even my 16 month old has figured it out already.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    have you had the chance to try the new gilmour easy squeeze nozzle that AG has?

that thing is wonderful. easy to hold on to and i really like how the lock mechanism is set up. i can lock the flow of water open with 1 hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a fetish or two, but nothing having to do with nozzles!!
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    Silver Streak Mica
    Double Cab 4x4
    AEM/K&N intake
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Split Second PSC1-003

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bluzman
    I have a fetish or two, but nothing having to do with nozzles!!
    we better save that post for off-topic

Neo, got the nozzle and tried it once. I had to install the quick release and make sure it worked. Nice nozzle, and nice size and weight, still need to use it a little more before forming an opinion.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to have to test the two nozzles I got without the quick shutoff valve. I'm wondering if that is the cause of the low water pressure. I never realized it would make a difference because I never had issues before.

The comparison at gilmour.com was pretty shocking. The green is gilmour's full flow and the brass is a standard one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast