autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Shamrocks Don't Rock

When I placed a very large order ($1500.00) this summer among the things that I ordered were the Shamrock m/f towels. I have not had the pleasure of using them until recently and found them to shed. No problem, I thought , they just need to be washed to knock out any loose fibers. Well after three or four washings with the microfiber rejuvenating detergent I find that they are still shedding & dusting. I am using FK425 as a QD specifically for its dust repelling quality and I have been very satisfied with it. When ever I have the dis-pleasure using these shamrock m/f towels to QD my beautiful black Porsche it looks as if it has been visited by a leprechaun. These shamrocks leave a trail of green dust all over the car.
    Is there anyone else having similar problems with their shamrocks or am I the only one not feeling the LUCK OF THE IRISH
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shamrocks Don't Rock

I AGREE!
    When I got my shamrocks from the BOGO, I loved them when they came out of the box. But after a wash with the MF cleaning detergent, they lead HUNDREDS of little green hairs on the paint wherever you wipe.Trust us, we love our black cars. We can see every tiny spec of dust or SHAMROCK HAIR that gets on the paint. Only solution that somewhat worked was QD with another quality MF wherever the shamrock hairs are. Overall, I like the shamrock but its a P-I-T-A!

“You can have everything in life you want, if you just help enough other people get what they want.” -Zig Ziglar

Post Thanks / Like

Shedding or not, I still love them for applying/wiping quick detailer and quick waxes on though.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad to know it's not just me!! When I got my shamrocks, my family made fun of me because I made such a fuss about how soft and plush they were. Then I used one. I tried one with some FK425 that I got at the same time. I didn't know if it was the mf or the qd, so I went back over the car with Crystal Mist and a trusty indigo. I've washed them since, but they still shed. I just recently got the Cobra Supreme 530s (the gray w/black trim on BOGO) as replacements, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. Maybe they will stay intact!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackout View Post
    I AGREE!
    When I got my shamrocks from the BOGO, I loved them when they came out of the box. But after a wash with the MF cleaning detergent, they lead HUNDREDS of little green hairs on the paint wherever you wipe.Trust us, we love our black cars. We can see every tiny spec of dust or SHAMROCK HAIR that gets on the paint. Only solution that somewhat worked was QD with another quality MF wherever the shamrock hairs are. Overall, I like the shamrock but its a P-I-T-A!
    I was hoping that mine was an isolated problem. I am sorry to hear that you are having the same problem as well. I really wanted to use these towels for QD'ing with the FK425 because they are so plush. The thought of having to now use another high quality m/f towel to clean up the mess that has been left by the first m/f towel seems absurd. If that is the case then why buy or use Shamrocks in the first place.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same boat with any of the AG towels. My other towels do not have this problem at all. Ag sells a ton of great products but their mf's are the weak link.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure this problem has been fixed with their new and improved edition ones. I have the new version and used it a number of times for quick detailing and haven't encountered any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDJaxon View Post
    I'm so glad to know it's not just me!! When I got my shamrocks, my family made fun of me because I made such a fuss about how soft and plush they were. Then I used one. I tried one with some FK425 that I got at the same time. I didn't know if it was the mf or the qd, so I went back over the car with Crystal Mist and a trusty indigo. I've washed them since, but they still shed. I just recently got the Cobra Supreme 530s (the gray w/black trim on BOGO) as replacements, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. Maybe they will stay intact!
    Wow I did the same thing. I bragged that my m/f towels for the car were nicer than the bath towels that we use. Now every time I go to QD the cars my wife offers me a bath towel and says at least her towels don't shed.
    I am very surprised that AG didn't test these out before they sold them. This is not what I have come to expect from a company such as AG. If I purchased these from a place like Costco I would say I got what I paid for.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow... I wish I would seen this thread yesterday or today. I just purchased the BOGO 3 Pack earlier and now am questioning my decision. I just couldn't pass up the BOGO and the sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... I must have gotten a good batch. I have some from summer with the green borders and the newer ones with the black borders. None of them have shedded on me yet..... even after I washed them..
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast