autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shamrocks Don't Rock

Quote Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
    So many people are coming out of the woodwork with Shamrock problems! The last time I mentioned mine shed profusely even though they have been through at least 20 proper washes by themselves I was told it was in my washing/care process. I can't even use them for anything more than drying and maybe a light dusting if I wipe them across the paint work as lightly as possible and follow up with QD and another towel to get the leftovers. They also shed into the other microfibers I washed them with one time and that effectively drew the line for me.
    I am sure that AG is going to do the right thing for their customers. AG has the best customer satisfaction and Meghan is all about customer satisfaction. Obviously this is not an issue of customer mis-use of a product.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone contacted Meghan about the shedding problem? AG will probably exchange them for a different towel. If you don't contact them... they will not know that there is a problem. It sounds like they got a bad batch.

Post Thanks / Like

My last order i ordered the shamrocks and the blue waffle weaves.... I usually go chemical guys for MFs.....should have stuck to the plan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Has anyone contacted Meghan about the shedding problem? AG will probably exchange them for a different towel. If you don't contact them... they will not know that there is a problem. It sounds like they got a bad batch.
    I started this thread just to get some advise and to see if I was the only person having this problem. I know AG and Meghan are the greatest and I will most certainly be contacting her in the A.M.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ml13 View Post
    My last order i ordered the shamrocks and the blue waffle weaves.... I usually go chemical guys for MFs.....should have stuck to the plan
    Don't beat yourself up buddy. It was probably only a bad batch in any event here at AG they take care of their customers like family. THEY DO THE RIGHT THING ALL OF THE TIME
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about grabbing some of those shamrocks with my next order. I have used the Jr deluxe 600's(purple) and supremes(Gray). the 600's are about the softest I have ever had and they did not shed on me at all. I think I will stick with them now.

1967 Chevelle SS
    2004 Nissan 350Z
    2003 GSXR 600

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDJaxon View Post
    NO!! Surely not!! Those were what I got as shamrock replacements! Maybe I'll take CTS-Veo's idea and try to encase them in some indigos.
    So what are good QD MFs and where do you get them?
    The purple 600s and the Gold Plush's are both really fluffy, and work good for QDing. I would definately suggest washing them first though.

I got a Miracle towel about a week ago. I haven't tried it yet, but it also felt really soft. It was kind of heavy or dense, but soft at the same time. It's kind of hard to describe, but there's something unique feeling about the Miracle towel.

Post Thanks / Like

HOW IRONIC!! I just started a thread about shamrocks right before I saw this thread! I agree 100%!!!

No more Cobra Shamrock Microfiber towels for me.... - Corvette Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Dammit... I just took a look at my very first AG Order List... and I too ordered Shamrocks.

I remember wiping down my Black Truck... and thinking maybe these Towels needed to be washed first. There is Lint everywhere on mt Truck. I used an Airgun to blow all the Lint off.
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow very sorry to hear this. I know the Cobra MF's are expensive & your right in your buying decision process with regards to you get what you pay for. I personally went with the Girot's Garage line & LOVE them. No dusting or lint trails from what I've experienced so far. The "Costco / Wal-Mart" line, I use for low valance's, wheel wells, door/trunk/hood jambs, engine degreasing, (never on the high parts of the paint) etc. & they just get disposed of after they've served there purpose.
    Like "UncleStu", I'm sure Meghan & the AG folk's will make good & address this problem as they have in the past. There CUSTOMER SERVICE is # 1.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast