autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shamrocks Don't Rock

Are you all using the original Shamrocks, or the upgraded version with the black borders? I thought the ones with the black borders where much better in the shedding department than the original ones.

I still think a Shamrock blanket with an Indigo Edgeless sheet/pillow case combo would be bad ass! (Maybe the colors would clash a little, but it would be so comfortable)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unclestu View Post
    When I placed a very large order ($1500.00) this summer among the things that I ordered were the Shamrock m/f towels. I have not had the pleasure of using them until recently and found them to shed. No problem, I thought , they just need to be washed to knock out any loose fibers. Well after three or four washings with the microfiber rejuvenating detergent I find that they are still shedding & dusting. I am using FK425 as a QD specifically for its dust repelling quality and I have been very satisfied with it. When ever I have the dis-pleasure using these shamrock m/f towels to QD my beautiful black Porsche it looks as if it has been visited by a leprechaun. These shamrocks leave a trail of green dust all over the car.
    Is there anyone else having similar problems with their shamrocks or am I the only one not feeling the LUCK OF THE IRISH
    I have to agree
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    I am in the same boat with any of the AG towels. My other towels do not have this problem at all. Ag sells a ton of great products but their mf's are the weak link.
    where do you get your MFs from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Blevins View Post
    Shedding or not, I still love them for applying/wiping quick detailer and quick waxes on though.

DLB
    Hi Dalton, are you also having this issue with shedding and if you are what is it then that you love about these towels?
    I purchased these towels specifically for QD'ING and now I am finding out that I have to QD after the QD in order to clean up the mess that was caused by the towel that was used to do the QD in the first place.
    So if you are having this problem PLEASE tell me and anyone else who might be considering these towels what it is that you love about them. Because if I knew that they would be making such a mess on my cars I never would have bought them as my go to QD towels.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Mine shed thought it was just me put me on the complaint list..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unclestu View Post
    Wow I did the same thing. I bragged that my m/f towels for the car were nicer than the bath towels that we use. Now every time I go to QD the cars my wife offers me a bath towel and says at least her towels don't shed.
    I am very surprised that AG didn't test these out before they sold them. This is not what I have come to expect from a company such as AG. If I purchased these from a place like Costco I would say I got what I paid for.
    After the show I put on, I haven't had the guts to admit that I'm less than thrilled. I've quietly put them to the back of my mf shelf and hope nobody asks about them. Otherwise, I'd get a similar response!
    Of everything I've gotten from AG, the towels have definitely stood out as being inconsistent with the quality I'd grown accustomed to. I also got some blue waffle weaves that are less absorbent than paper. They feel so stiff I'm afraid to use them on the car. It's seemed odd to me that quality standards appear to be lower on one of the most important products. In a bind, I'd take Turtle Wax and a good MF over Fuzion and a "tatty" towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDJaxon View Post
    After the show I put on, I haven't had the guts to admit that I'm less than thrilled. I've quietly put them to the back of my mf shelf and hope nobody asks about them. Otherwise, I'd get a similar response!
    Of everything I've gotten from AG, the towels have definitely stood out as being inconsistent with the quality I'd grown accustomed to. I also got some blue waffle weaves that are less absorbent than paper. They feel so stiff I'm afraid to use them on the car. It's seemed odd to me that quality standards appear to be lower on one of the most important products. In a bind, I'd take Turtle Wax and a good MF over Fuzion and a "tatty" towel.

My friend you and I are both cut from the same cloth and it's not a Shamrock!!
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

So many people are coming out of the woodwork with Shamrock problems! The last time I mentioned mine shed profusely even though they have been through at least 20 proper washes by themselves I was told it was in my washing/care process. I can't even use them for anything more than drying and maybe a light dusting if I wipe them across the paint work as lightly as possible and follow up with QD and another towel to get the leftovers. They also shed into the other microfibers I washed them with one time and that effectively drew the line for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a half dozen of the Cobra 530's (grey/with black trim) and they also leave lint behind. I really notice it on my black car. I don't notice it as bad on my lighter colored trucks, but I'm sure it's there as well. For that reason I only use them on my old pickup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trichard View Post
    I have a half dozen of the Cobra 530's (grey/with black trim) and they also leave lint behind. I really notice it on my black car. I don't notice it as bad on my lighter colored trucks, but I'm sure it's there as well. For that reason I only use them on my old pickup.
    NO!! Surely not!! Those were what I got as shamrock replacements! Maybe I'll take CTS-Veo's idea and try to encase them in some indigos.
    So what are good QD MFs and where do you get them?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast