autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $1,011.71 Help me!

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    I'd [spend] some money on a good tire gel - Optimum or DP tire gel are the best bang for the buck.
    I was thinking about wolfgang tire gel but i have some aa extreme tire shine gel right now and i want to use it up. is it safe on the rubber for tires?

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    But he's getting a flex, not a PC. Unless there is a 4" and 5" backing plate for the flex I don't know about?
    haha i wish.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-Dude View Post
    for the pad rejuvenator, can i substitute my mf rejuvenator for it or do i need a dedicated pad rejuvenator and which one should i get?

I am not really a fan of carnaubas but maybe later ill get some souveran. i've removed the hose blocker (silly me).
    and yes my uncle is expecting to get paid back but how much and when i do not know yet.
    why are you not a fan of carnuba?

Do you already own a hose and nozzle?

Foam gun?

It might be worth looking into some of the Meguiars Detailer line of products, they sell them in gallons and make all sorts of different ones for different uses. They have soap, all purpose, tire shine, degreasers all sorts of stuff that can be diluted down and they make spray bottles for each one so its already all labeled. Not sure if Autogeek sells any of these though..

Instead of getting the Menzerna ceramic intro kit, why not just get the bottles of 106, SIP and 85rd?

Applicator pads for applying product in places you won't be able to use flex or PC.

No Vacuum listed..

Instead of the mothers clay kit.. get the Meguiars Mirror Glaze C-2000 clay and then some detail spray or a spray bottle with dish soap and water in it diluted down to do that. You don't get alot of clay for your money with the Mothers kit.
    Last edited by cashishift; 01-20-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cashishift View Post

Instead of getting the Menzerna ceramic intro kit, why not just get the bottles of 106, SIP and 85rd? .
    He's right! I didn't even notice what was in that kit menzerna kit. I would go for the SIP, 106FA and 85RD. Those are the 3 you oly need. If you wanted to try the Megs 105 and 205 that's an option also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cashishift View Post
    why are you not a fan of carnuba?

Do you already own a hose and nozzle?

Foam gun?

It might be worth looking into some of the Meguiars Detailer line of products, they sell them in gallons and make all sorts of different ones for different uses. They have soap, all purpose, tire shine, degreasers all sorts of stuff that can be diluted down and they make spray bottles for each one so its already all labeled. Not sure if Autogeek sells any of these though..

Instead of getting the Menzerna ceramic intro kit, why not just get the bottles of 106, SIP and 85rd?

Applicator pads for applying product in places you won't be able to use flex or PC.

No Vacuum listed..

Instead of the mothers clay kit.. get the Meguiars Mirror Glaze C-2000 clay and then some detail spray or a spray bottle with dish soap and water in it diluted down to do that. You don't get alot of clay for your money with the Mothers kit.
    1. My mom has a daily driver so the durability of a sealant is more practical for me to use

2. yes i have a good nozzle but does a certain hose really matter?

3. maybe later

4. i've already considered getting the shampoo, last touch detailer, hyper dressing, and apc+ but i may not get it from ag (i don't know yet)

5. the menz intro kit comes with sip and 106fa, it also comes with 2 cobra deluxe jr. mf towels and 2 polyfoam applicators for the price of sip and 106fa seperately. i may also get 85rd later on.

6. the mega aplicator combo kit comes with plenty of applicators

7. already have a decent vaccum. will be getting a shop vaccum in the future

8. yeah haha i dont know what i was thinking

i really appreciate you taking the time to help me out thanks

Post Thanks / Like

1. My mom has a daily driver so the durability of a sealant is more practical for me to use

3. maybe later

4. i've already considered getting the shampoo, last touch detailer, hyper dressing, and apc+ but i may not get it from ag (i don't know yet)

5. the menz intro kit comes with sip and 106fa, it also comes with 2 cobra deluxe jr. mf towels and 2 polyfoam applicators for the price of sip and 106fa seperately. i may also get 85rd later on.

Your right. The kit you have has the SIP and 106FA. I was looking at the regular intro kit, not the ceramic intro. My bad!

Post Thanks / Like

i just wanted to thank everybody again for taking the time to give me advice. i am really happy to have joined autogeekonline because of all of the great advice i have been given.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

3. maybe later

1) while a sealant will provide protection and beauty, make that paint pop with a coat of P21S 100% (won't last AS long) of even Collinite for some good long term protection

2) a quality hose is worth its weight in gold... and this is gold standard IMO.. my grandfather used these FOR YEARS.
    Flexogen

3) They have the foam guns on sale at a certain jungle river named site.. search for Gilmour

4) Well, with the above listed stuff you don't have any of that stuff and its pretty critical.

5) With that harder Benz and Beemer paint you might need the 85rd to finish jeweling the paint down to where its perfect glass.

6) word.. i was at work when i wrote that up,so it was between like 4 calls

7) I'd say the vac is a pretty important deal, especially if you plan on doing full details for cash.. I personally have this one, but some of the guys like one from Home Depot, not sure which model.

No problem man.. feel free to hit me up with a PM if you have other questions.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about wolfgang tire gel but i have some aa extreme tire shine gel right now and i want to use it up. is it safe on the rubber for tires?

haha i wish.
    AA should be safe, although I personally would trust DP/Wolfgang/Pinnacle more... or Optimum, which is more of a thick dressing, rather then a clear gel...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.