autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Pad Recommendations?

I currently own a FLEX DA and use the CCS 6.5" Smart Pads and that's pretty much all I know. I also own one Meguiars pad which I also like.
    I do plan on buying a Rotary within the next couple of days too (prolly same time as pads. not sure which rotary yet tho...)

I have nothing to compare it to, so I don't know if the CCS are a great pad or if there is better out there, but I definitely don't like how the stuff gets stuck in the pockets as it's tough to clean and doesn't usually come out.

I'm looking at the EDGE pads because they are, to my knowledge, 2-sided. So that alone would double the amount of pads at my disposal. Plus you can get edges easily and stuff like that. To me these look like the best, but I've never used them so I don't know how effective they are.
    Inputs? Not sure if their built in backing plates are strong or overly flexible and might make it harder to polish out defects?

On top of which pads, how about which style? FLAT, holes, slits.. lots of options there too.

Please share your knowledge and experience with me! I wasn't satisfied with the info I found in the threads around here so I thought I'd ask directly.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pad Recommendations?

I recently ordered and got the Edge adapter for my Flex. Cannot wait to go back to dual sided pads and quick release button.

Post Thanks / Like

For more information see “Foam Pads" and " Polishing” two of a collection of detailing articles on #############; (Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation) a series of informative, knowledge based, unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing

These are two of a collection of detailing articles on #############; (Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation) a series of informative, knowledge based, unbiased articles dedicated to the automotive detailing enthusiast or professional detailer in search of development and education

Post Thanks / Like

LC also makes flat pads. I use the CCS and flat pads. I like them both, and yes you do have to give the CCS a good thumb rub, while soaking in the pad rejuv. The holes are supposed to hold polish in them for application and reduce heat. The slits are supposed to reduce heat. Reduced heat will stop early polish break down.

Is anybody nervous about that edge adapter scratching the paint? It looks like if you will touch if you give it a little elbow grease. I might be wrong, but it looks like it might.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I recently ordered and got the Edge adapter for my Flex. Cannot wait to go back to dual sided pads and quick release button.
    I just started using Edge on my rotary and really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Started with LC VC pads, then Edge pads, currently have CCS pads and I'm going to switch over to good ol'e flat pads. My WG Low Pro 5.5 flat pads worked amazing with SIP. I feel they out performed all the others via PC/UDM.

Post Thanks / Like

i really like the cobra cross flex foam pads better than the LC CCS pads they seem to distribute the product more evenly and also have little to no sling of product