autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cobra WWMF Glass Towels Fraying!!!

I am frustrated with these towels...with the edge stitches in particular. Two months ago, I ordered a couple of them: The Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel cleans & buffs glass to crystal clarity with the soft texture of genuine Cobra microfiber.

They arrived on time and packaged nicely in sealed plastic bags, as in the ads. Unfortunately, after just one initial wash, the corners of the towels were frayed. The edge stitches have come undone and strands were loosely hanging off revealing the MF's weave underneath. I contacted AG and their superb customer service came through immediately. Meghan replaced my towels with a new set. Unfortunately, the 2nd set is behaving the same way. I've probably used them and washed them a total of 3 times. What's up with these towels? Anybody else having this experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cobra WWMF Glass Towels Fraying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I am frustrated with these towels...with the edge stitches in particular. Two months ago, I ordered a couple of them: The Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel cleans & buffs glass to crystal clarity with the soft texture of genuine Cobra microfiber.

They arrived on time and packaged nicely in sealed plastic bags, as in the ads. Unfortunately, after just one initial wash, the corners of the towels were frayed. The edge stitches have come undone and strands were loosely hanging off revealing the MF's weave underneath. I contacted AG and their superb customer service came through immediately. Meghan replaced my towels with a new set. Unfortunately, the 2nd set is behaving the same way. I've probably used them and washed them a total of 3 times. What's up with these towels? Anybody else having this experience?
    Please send me a PM with your name and address so I can pull up your order and see if the original towels and the replacements came from the same batch.

Post Thanks / Like

You also have to be careful removing the tags or it will tear the edge and it will start to unravel.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dwayne, will do.

Hi charliehaley, thanks for mentioning it. The small white tags are still intact on these towels. I did not snip them off because I intended these towels to be used solely for windows and windshield, away from any paint surface.

Post Thanks / Like

could they be snagging on something in washer or dryer ?? Are these the white ones or blue ones ??

Post Thanks / Like

These are the pale blue ones. I will check the dryer and washer right now. But it's only happening to these, I have other towels with edged stitching.