So I have ordered the Big Red Sponge and the Ultra Black Sponge.

Got a chance to use the BRS but not UBS but figure the close in use. Not sure how I feel about it. The ease of use and feel on the paint we’re both great.

I did a two bucket. DirtLock and an once of N 914, 3 gallons of water in rinse bucket and just 2 gallons of water and once of n914 in bucket, no grit gaurd.

The car was pretty dirty.

So issue 1 was the sponge was removing the dirt but instead of staying in wash media like MF towels it would encapsulate it in beads of rinseless on paint.

So my issue is thinking when I dry the liquid will soak into drying towel leaving the dirt to wipe into paint.

I did trunk lid half and half. Half with BRS and half with en EE500.

BRS:

EE500:

Noticeably less encapsulated dirt on the EE side. So when I dry the dirt is gonna be wiped into paint?

I understand this can happen with wet MF towel but I think I use good technique and roll the towel as I’m wiping thus not wiping the dirt into panel.

I could do this with drying towels but would have to use a lot more.

Maybe I’m not getting it and hope other Rinseless sponge users could explain.

Next issue was release of dirt. I rinsed in rinse bucket rubbing back and forth against grit gaurd and then ringing out. This was my solution bucket (not rinse) when I was done with wash. A lot of dirt left after rinsing.

Wash bucket:

Rinse bucket:

Rinse bucket removed DirtLock

I would not feel safe using just one bucket with the amount of dirt left in second bucket.

Was car to dirty for sponge?

Will the encapsulated dirt scratch paint?

Was my method wrong?

Just figure it be nice to get a thread started about this line of wash media and to hear what the forum has to chime in about it.

Your experiences?

If you do rinsless are you team Spong or MF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk