autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash sponges

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    That's what I started using rinse-less/water-less products for too, door jambs, engine bays ect.

While I still feel safer using lots of soap and lots of water, I'm slowly gaining confidence in rinse-less for paint.

I think the key with rinse-less is thinking on your feet, as in don't just treat every wash the same or follow a set routine. Sometimes you will need more pre-soak, sometimes you will need to use more towels or more frequent dunking, sometimes you may need to pre-rinse the certain areas, sometimes you only need the basics.
    Have you tried both methods? If so, which one do you like best?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash sponges

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I watched a video earlier on youtube by Eddie Colon - funny guy - he demonstrated a big difference in how DIY left the towel clean comparable to absolute after soaking for a while. It was interesting.
    I just watched that video thinking you were referring to the drying towel… I was like “you’re telling me that guy does a rinseless on a dirty vehicle and doesn’t get his drying towel dirty at all”?Rinseless wash sponges

Then midway through the video I notice he’s using a grey towel and I’m thinking “whoa what a freaking genius, I bet I can convince myself my drying towel isn’t dirty if it’s freakin GREY”!Lol.

Watched the whole vid waiting for the beef and I finally realized you weren’t referring to the drying towelRinseless wash spongeslol.

Btw that dude was doing ok until he got to the rear passenger door, then his technique went straight out the window when he started wiping down the dirty window then went down the dirty door panel with the same side of the towel, then he flipped it but started on the very bottom of the rocker panel and went straight up the door up to the window and back down… And then he finished it up by not folding his drying towel and letting it drag on the ground as he wiped that same door dry.

I dunno maybe it’s just me, but I’ve got a pet peeve when dudes make detailing videos but their technique isn’t on point. I see it all the time on youtube. Lol.

3. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I just watched that video thinking you were referring to the drying towel… I was like “you’re telling me that guy does a rinseless on a dirty vehicle and doesn’t get his drying towel dirty at all”?Rinseless wash sponges

Then midway through the video I notice he’s using a grey towel and I’m thinking “whoa what a freaking genius, I bet I can convince myself my drying towel isn’t dirty if it’s freakin GREY”!Lol.

Watched the whole vid waiting for the beef and I finally realized you weren’t referring to the drying towelRinseless wash spongeslol.

Btw that dude was doing ok until he got to the rear passenger door, then his technique went straight out the window when he started wiping down the dirty window then went down the dirty door panel with the same side of the towel, then he flipped it but started on the very bottom of the rocker panel and went straight up the door up to the window and back down… And then he finished it up by not folding his drying towel and letting it drag on the ground as he wiped that same door dry.

I dunno maybe it’s just me, but I’ve got a pet peeve when dudes make detailing videos but their technique isn’t on point. I see it all the time on youtube. Lol.
    I really didn't pay attention so much has you. I just took away that the towels were much cleaner in DIY than absolute. Everyone has different styles. I'm sure he knows a thing or two. I noticed him on the NV group he seems like a legit detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I really didn't pay attention so much has you. I just took away that the towels were much cleaner in DIY than absolute. Everyone has different styles. I'm sure he knows a thing or two. I noticed him on the NV group he seems like a legit detailer.
    I’m sure he is, not saying he’s not, don’t get me wrong. I’m just a bit OCD… Heck, I don’t feel right if I don’t shower the same exact way every single time, so I’m like Really OCD when it comes to technique.Rinseless wash spongeslol.

Even guys like that Esoteric dude. I remember watching a vid where he washes a blue Ford GT and talking to the TV like “why the heck did he just do that”? “Who the hell does that”?!

I guess when you’re really OCD, little things tend to stick out when you see them. Lol.

6. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally took the plunge and ordered a Rag Co ultra black sponge.

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This is why I just can't bring myself to watch detailing videos on YouTube. I'm sure there's tons that can be learned (both of things to do/not to do), I just can't stand letting someone get compensated for a bad video just because I clicked on it.

Last video I watched was one linked from the forum where a guy was cleaning carpet with Purple Power and so much water you could see the lake underneath the carpet push through each time he scrubbed. As a guy who spends all day fixing cars (and has dealt with the aftermath of water issues), I've got serious issue with that much water...

10. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

i have the big yellow sponge coming.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    This is why I just can't bring myself to watch detailing videos on YouTube. I'm sure there's tons that can be learned (both of things to do/not to do), I just can't stand letting someone get compensated for a bad video just because I clicked on it.

Last video I watched was one linked from the forum where a guy was cleaning carpet with Purple Power and so much water you could see the lake underneath the carpet push through each time he scrubbed. As a guy who spends all day fixing cars (and has dealt with the aftermath of water issues), I've got serious issue with that much water...
    compensated for one click?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

That’s funny, I’m sort of that way to a point, but mainly with bigger channels led by guys with inflated egos. I won’t contribute even 1 view towards their shill.

You know what? Of all the guys from noobs to most famous detailers, you know who I never saw mess anything up or get it wrong on a video or pretty much ever? Mike Phillips. That dude was like a machine, he worked hard at staying on point at all times. A true professional through and through. Mike Phillips is the man.

15. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Carzilla? I been looking at that as wash media but not rinseless. AG has a sponge with exact same design in Speed Master line marketed as a rinseless sponge.

Will be glad to hear your thoughts.

Hope your Christmas was a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes you got it Crack. There prices on certain items are good. Also have certain European lines I like to try. You can also find at Park but the prices are full retail. Zilla has Canadian lines at about 30% less than Sky's The Limit etc. Got my Buckanizer for $10 off at Christmas. Those are a no brainer. Both are always full of garb I use.

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast