autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash sponges

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    It’s funny how in all seriousness we tend to overthink or see one thing that resonates with us. I use to use chenille exclusively for 2 buckets and rinseless.

Then I saw a video in wash media (Forensics? Apex?) and the looked at them under a microscope and it showed dirt sticking to the tip of the noodle/finger.

Basically said it would stick their at the edge and as you move around you were whipping dirt across paint. There research showed the shorter MF like the Incredimitt did better job of releasing and imbedding dirt.

Was there T actually true? No idea but did a good job of getting ne to buy 15 new mitts and going back to microfiber for rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just for the record, I’ve always hated those chenille mitts. Even the name sounds silly. Lol. I still have an old lamb mitt that’s still in the package. I think it might be from the 1980’s.

2. Likes PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Just for the record, I’ve always hated those chenille mitts. Even the name sounds silly. Lol.
    Really? Don't you LA guys line your dashboards with that sh!t??

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes Texchappy, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone scared but wanna try RW I suggest this:

-about 5-8 edgeless towels in a bucket of about 4 gallons of solution

-a sprayer like a 1000ML Kwazzer or a 32 oz+ hand pump sprayer to pre-treat each panel with, don't be shy, you've got plenty of solution to use at your disposal.

-couple of your favorite drying towels

Do a section at a time, folding the towel into 4's, giving you 8 cleaning squares and roll the cleaning section after each pass. Once the square is used up, usually 2-3 passes, go to the next square and keep goingRinseless wash sponges

The leftover solution can be used to clean the tires & wheels, with a designated mf towel that your not worried about staining.

Use lots of pre-wash and you'll be just fine, trust me/usRinseless wash sponges

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes PaulMys, DFB, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

-a sprayer like a 1000ML Kwazzer or a 32 oz+ hand pump sprayer to pre-treat each panel with, don't be shy, you've got plenty of solution to use at your disposal.

Do a section at a time, folding the towel into 4's, giving you 8 cleaning squares and roll the cleaning section after each pass. Once the square is used up, usually 2-3 passes, go to the next square and keep goingRinseless wash sponges

The leftover solution can be used to clean the tires & wheels, with a designated mf towel that your not worried about staining.

^^^This^^^

It sounds like a lot of steps/work, but it really isn't.

I was trepidatious about them at first, but my worries were gone after my first try.

Easy, and quick way to wash providing you know how/when to use them.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The towel folding is one thing i normally dont go crazy over but did this last time since the jeep was driven home after the coin op to do rinseless. Had picked up some grit while in route.

I did however bust out the hose and do a bucket wash with reset on the buick....totally regretted it afterwards. So much more involved now compared to an onr rinseless lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    It’s funny how in all seriousness we tend to overthink or see one thing that resonates with us. I use to use chenille exclusively for 2 buckets and rinseless.

Then I saw a video in wash media (Forensics? Apex?) and the looked at them under a microscope and it showed dirt sticking to the tip of the noodle/finger.

Basically said it would stick their at the edge and as you move around you were whipping dirt across paint. There research showed the shorter MF like the Incredimitt did better job of releasing and imbedding dirt.

Was there T actually true? No idea but did a good job of getting ne to buy 15 new mitts and going back to microfiber for rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Really? Don't you LA guys line your dashboards with that sh!t??

No we only use them for are balls when we go to the East coast!

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Cool...an old fashioned Eastcoast/Westcoast "beef". The best way to solve it is for one of you to fly to see the other and then have a stop over here in Chicago where you'll be stranded by the airlines and the "beef" will cool down Rinseless wash spongesRinseless wash spongesRinseless wash sponges

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool...an old fashioned Eastcoast/Westcoast "beef". The best way to solve it is for one of you to fly to see the other and then have a stop over here in Chicago where you'll be stranded by the airlines and the "beef" will cool down Rinseless wash spongesRinseless wash spongesRinseless wash sponges

I have traveled to and through Chicago many times and have been stuck quite a few times. I have found that there were more problems in the summer than there were in the winter. The thunderstorms seemed to be a bigger problem than the snow.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I have traveled to and through Chicago many times and have been stuck quite a few times. I have found that there were more problems in the summer than there were in the winter. The thunderstorms seemed to be a bigger problem than the snow.
    Me too. The summer thunderstorms were much more problematic than the winter storms. I miss when Northwest had a hub in Detroit as if I got stranded there, I could grab a hotel room at the Westin, which has a security gate directly to the airport terminal. Fortunately, I don’t have to travel much as a consultant anymore so no real travel issues to contend with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Are you sure you want to ride this train, Junior??

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast