autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steam Cleaner or Carpet Extractor

I do not have a steam cleaner but I do have an extractor and I cannot beleive the dirt they will remove effortlessly. Well worth the money for the results.

Post Thanks / Like

They have a great steamer at lowes for 79.99 that works great. I use it on my interior and floor matts and they came out great. Here's the one I got.

Well .... lets just say that a new Ferrari 430 Spyder was delivered to me last week. In that week I would have drove it by all those previous girlfriends who said I would never make it

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my steam cleaner all the time for detailing the inside of my car. Here's a page I found about auto detailing steam cleaners.
    Last edited by Tgeo888; 03-04-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used extractor's and scrub brush with a vacuum. While both work I feel the extractor works the best. Also you not beating the dirt down into the mat and then trying to get it back out. Your only extracting it. I have a hot rod spotter made by aztec. Auto geek carries these and they do a fair job if you don't have the money for a large unit. The only down side is you will have to refill a couple of times if the carpet is really soiled.

Post Thanks / Like

So what's up with this guy Steve Clingan who sells the VX 5000 Vapor Steamers. I heard he was a good guy to deal with. I'm getting a whole different ball game from this guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrubs147 View Post
    So what's up with this guy Steve Clingan who sells the VX 5000 Vapor Steamers. I heard he was a good guy to deal with. I'm getting a whole different ball game from this guy.
    Care to elaborate? I'm looking for a vapor cleaner. After reading reviews I decided to call. I called after hours and he called me back and spent 45 minutes answering questions. I went ahead and ordered one with the money back guarantee that covers shipping.

I'm going to use it on our grill off the bat and see what it does and then a car that has some funky air freshner.

I know you can't really see what kind of service a company provides until after the buy but getting off the phone after I purchased he asked me to call whenever I went to use the machine so he could give me tips.

I'll post if I run into issues.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have to choose, get the steamer first. I use a steamer 100% of the time for cleaning the inside.

Step 1, Vacuum
    Step 2, Teat spots with Folex
    Step 3, Mist Folex over rest of area
    Step 4, Steam the area, with a brush attached
    Step 5, Use a microfiber to wipe the area over
    Step 6, Move onto the next section.

You can use a steamer on the whole interior not just carpet an upholstery.

Post Thanks / Like

I did finally get my steamer from vapor systems and Steve came through 100%. This steamer is a great machine, well built and does a super job. It works great on the carpets, upholstery, reaches into the door jambs with high pressure and simply melts the dirt away. As far as the rest of the interior, just steam on the lowest setting with the appropriate tool and wipe dry. I just sold my Mytee Lite 2 to re-coop some of money I spent on the steamer. From what I have researched, the Durrmaid 1600 is a better machine for the dollar... has better lift and better pressure. If and when I get another extractor that will be my choice.

Post Thanks / Like

AeroCleanse,

When you say a steamer, do you mean an actually steam cleaner or a Dry Vapor machine? From what I read I went with a Dry Vapor machine. According to what I read, the vapor is supposed to clean better than steam and at the same time leave what you're cleaning a lot dryer than steam and obviously an extractor.

I purchased it as they seem to be so much more flexible in what you can do with them compared to an extractor.

There seems to be a lot of different info and a steam and dry vapor may be the same with the later boiling the water.

Would be nice if there was a compreshension unbiased thread on extractors, steamer's & dry vapor machines. Also the price is so all over the place on these things and you have retailers buying from others and marking up the same machine with a different names.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    AeroCleanse,

When you say a steamer, do you mean an actually steam cleaner or a Dry Vapor machine? From what I read I went with a Dry Vapor machine. According to what I read, the vapor is supposed to clean better than steam and at the same time leave what you're cleaning a lot dryer than steam and obviously an extractor.

I purchased it as they seem to be so much more flexible in what you can do with them compared to an extractor.

There seems to be a lot of different info and a steam and dry vapor may be the same with the later boiling the water.

Would be nice if there was a compreshension unbiased thread on extractors, steamer's & dry vapor machines. Also the price is so all over the place on these things and you have retailers buying from others and marking up the same machine with a different names.
    A steamer is a dry vapor machine. I wish people would stop calling hot water extractors steamers.

Drying time, the steamer (dry vapor) dries almost right away.

This is the unit I have: AllBrands.com - Vapor Clean Unilux 3000 Commercial Steam Cleaner 1500W, 5Bar 72+PSI, Pressure Gauge, 9'Hose, 315°F, 1-3Hr Cleaning, 1YrParts Lifetime Boiler & Element I would have got a better one, but this does a great job for the money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast