autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Makita PO5000C no longer for sale?

I noticed the PO5000C is no longer listed here at AG for sale. Is that a mistake or is it really no longer for sale, and if so why?

thanks,
    ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Makita PO5000C no longer for sale?

So looks like it is listed @ AG and Autopia as discontinued, but why?! It is less than 2 years old if I recall correctly. It is still listed on Makita's site though as a current product. Confused. Does anyone know more? Did PBMG drop the model, or are they truly discontinued by Makita and being replaced with something else?

Thanks,
    ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, I had seen it on the "CLOSEOUT" page for awhile. I own one and actually replaced my FLEX 3401 with it. I now own a collector's item!
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

4. Likes Martin53 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Interesting, I had seen it on the "CLOSEOUT" page for awhile. I own one and actually replaced my FLEX 3401 with it. I now own a collector's item!
    Yes same here! Hoping someone from AG can provide some insight as to why. I also emailed Makita and will let you know what they say

ScottH

6. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk to me about your guitar playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Talk to me about your guitar playing?

Let's talk, Paul. That's my Marshall Slash SL5 combo in the pic........another collector's item, like the Makita. Ha! I'm currently playing a Taos Turquoise Eric Johnson Strat and a Roasted Ash Custom Shop Stratocaster with handwound Fat 50s pickups. I've sold my PRSi and my Les Pauls. Other amplification would be a Marshall Class 5 head into an Avatar 2x12 cab and a Bumbox 1W head (basically a 1 watt JCM800 head).

10. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makita PO5000C no longer for sale?

Let's talk, Paul. That's my Marshall Slash SL5 combo in the pic........another collector's item, like the Makita. Ha! I'm currently playing a Taos Turquoise Eric Johnson Strat and a Roasted Ash Custom Shop Stratocaster with handwound Fat 50s pickups. I've sold my PRSi and my Les Pauls. Other amplification would be a Marshall Class 5 head into an Avatar 2x12 cab and a Bumbox 1W head (basically a 1 watt JCM800 head).
    Ha! I have the same Maxon Analog Delay. I see a Fulltone OCD... I had one, but I switched to the Xotic AC, BB and Hermida Zendrive..

The Class 5’s are amazing. I had a Gen1 & Gen 2 which I just I just sold.

Nice on EJ strat! I have a 50th w/ Seymour cool rails in the bridge & 93 LP Custom. I just sold my beloved Tele Jr Custom Shop.

For amps - Dr Z Maz 38 / Z-Best 2x12 and a Dr Z Carmen Ghia 1x12. All hand wired, point to point and 60’s NOS tubes. Pedals are Analog Man, Xotic, Zen Drive, Wampler, Fulltone etc... plus a little Vox AC 5.

Dr Z (mainly used by Brad Paisley & Joe Walsh). Who can afford a Dumble??? But I want one!

My fav guitar aside from the Tele Jr was a 95 Parker Fly Deluxe. I sold the Tele Jr to the original owner who told me if I want it back... we’ll probably trade it back a few more times.

I played from age 13 - 43, now 49 took a long break. Time to start up again...

12. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    The Class 5’s are amazing. I had a Gen1 & Gen 2 which I just I just sold.

Nice on EJ strat! I have a 50th w/ Seymour cool rails in the bridge & 93 LP Custom. I just sold my beloved Tele Jr Custom Shop.

For amps - Dr Z Maz 38 / Z-Best 2x12 and a Dr Z Carmen Ghia 1x12. All hand wired, point to point and 60’s NOS tubes. Pedals are Analog Man, Xotic, Zen Drive, Wampler, Fulltone etc... plus a little Vox AC 5.

Dr Z (mainly used by Brad Paisley & Joe Walsh). Who can afford a Dumble??? But I want one!

My fav guitar aside from the Tele Jr was a 95 Parker Fly Deluxe. I sold the Tele Jr to the original owner who told me if I want it back... we’ll probably trade it back a few more times.

I have a love-hate relationship with LPs. I've had numerous R9s, an R8 Plaintop and 2 R0s. They look so nice and sound great but they're sooo uncomfortable and heavy. I also had a 10+ pound R7 black beauty 3 pickup with gold hardware (think Frampton). I had a MAZ Jr 18 watt head. I had a Carmen Ghia tan head and matching Dr. Z 4x10 cab too.

Current pedals are a rare Maxon Analog Delay, Klon Centaur (no horsie), OCD, Steel Panther P*ssy Melter Distortion, Steel Panther Poontang Boomerang on the way. Bearfoot SYOD, Analogman Sunface, etc, etc etc.

As far as a Dumble goes.......I've never played one (obviously) but I did have a Ceriatone Overdrive Special and it was an amazing 50 watt combo. I just don't need anything over 10 watts nowadays.

I'd like to play a Parker Fly sometime. I had a very cool AVRI Hot Rod tele with the mini Seymour Duncan in the neck position (seller's remorse on that one)

I guess I'm a reformed gear Wh0re

14. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never used one but the reviews were less than stellar so maybe they will invest into something else and stop making it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Makita just hasn’t gotten to updating their site.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

It was the free spinning mode that got the bad reviews. The 5mm orbit just did not do much correction which is understandable. If you could switch the Mille to free spinning mode with it's 5mm orbit, it probably would not do much correction either. I don't recall it getting bad reviews in the forced rotation mode. The older version had 8mm orbit and the free-spinning mode worked like a normal PC would. The 5mm made it a smoother machine in forced rotation mode, but that negated the dual purpose functionality of the machine by making free-spinning mode kind of useless (except for sanding).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast