autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Grey vs blue 6.5" PC pad...

What's the practical difference between the two pads...the description says they're used for the same thing. I already have the grey and use it to apply NXT. Should I use the blue pad instead?

Post Thanks / Like
    The gray pad is used more for applications, the blue pad can be used for application and/or removal, I still say remove anything by hand with a mf, on the other hand you can get MF bonnets to fit over your blue or grey pads to remove stuff, I have some, but haven't used them yet, I just feel safer doing it by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail
    The gray pad is used more for applications, the blue pad can be used for application and/or removal, I still say remove anything by hand with a mf, on the other hand you can get MF bonnets to fit over your blue or grey pads to remove stuff, I have some, but haven't used them yet, I just feel safer doing it by hand.

blue for application/removal, although the bonnets look soft and yummy, just my luck i get a piece of sand or whatever in the bonnet and its SWIRL city all over again......ill maybe use the blue for removal and finish with the M.F. towel.
    Last edited by BILL; 07-11-2006 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I'll stick with the grey pads then. I used it to apply the NXT quickly. It was much easier to lay a thin coat down with the PC. I still had to use the foam applicator pad for spots where the PC couldn't reach.

I'll also stick with removing the wax with a MF towel. It was so easy to do that there is no point in chancing putting in a swirl or scratch with the PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would now after giving it some thought,think its safer with a microfiber bonnet over a lambs wool bonnet for xtra cushion for a final buff..after all it is M.F. but that possibility of a little piece of sand keeps coming into play

A/G has a nice little bonnet package for the 7424......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL
    I would now after giving it some thought,think its safer with a microfiber bonnet over a lambs wool bonnet for xtra cushion for a final buff..after all it is M.F. but that possibility of a little piece of sand keeps coming into play

A/G has a nice little bonnet package for the 7424......
    That would suck, I want to try the bonnets but have similia fears, I feel safer doing it by hand, plus you get to feel the results of your hard work, as goofy as that sounds.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would suck, I want to try the bonnets but have similia fears, I feel safer doing it by hand, plus you get to feel the results of your hard work, as goofy as that sounds.

NO NOT GOOFY, I But im going to try it on the trunk and ill let you know how it is......

Post Thanks / Like
    you could use bonnets alone with a soft foam core (finishing pads). Remember you need a little stability to help remove the wax/sealant. And I have found the blue pads to be a touch softer initially, but seems my grey pads seem to get softer after first use. (maybe just my imagination)
    Last edited by ScottB; 07-12-2006 at 06:17 AM.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I Would use the M.F. bonnet on top of a lambs wool bonnet as in the 7424 bonnet package as a very last buff....... low speed......3

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree...not goofy at all. To me the satisfaction comes from sight and touch. I love the shine but I also love feeling how the mf towel just glides effortlessly over my newly polished and waxed car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast