autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ran into a weird problem, is it possible to have a bad batch of microfiber.

So I have had my cobra guzzler for a long time, and ever since I bought it, it has never made my car 100% dry, so I just learned to deal with it ( using blowers and such to dry, or just dealing with a few spots).

On a whim I bought a new guzzler a few weeks ago and just used it today, and it picked up 100% of the water and didn't seem nearly as wet ( the old one was soaking wet from one half of my hood and the hood was dry, but this new one dried the rest of the hood and the rest of the car without even feeling wet).

So my question is: Is it possible to have a bad batch of microfiber? Both of these towels were cobra guzzlers and were used in exactly the same way. Care of it doesn't seem to have any effect as the first one didn't pick up water out of the package, but the second one did (But for reference, should I just wash these like I do my other microfibers, with a microfiber detergent or using all free and clear?).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ran into a weird problem, is it possible to have a bad batch of microfiber.

MF's do pickup less water when they have been washed in fabric softner or caked with car products. Thats why some offer to boil them or wash them with vinegar occasionally. I would suggest trying that, as I doubt its the material itself.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    MF's do pickup less water when they have been washed in fabric softner or caked with car products. Thats why some offer to boil them or wash them with vinegar occasionally. I would suggest trying that, as I doubt its the material itself.
    Well the thing is, when I originally bought the guzzler I didn't wash it at all the first time and it still picked up almost no water.

And I have washed it with vinegar before, and even hung it dry.

Post Thanks / Like

contact Jason or Meghan, sure they will make it right ! The Guzzler is such a valuable towel that someone stole one of mine at Ecklers Show a year back.