autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckees or metro car dryer

I struggled with the McKee's 37. The hose is too large in diameter and long. I found I was dragging it on the ground or bumping the car, no matter how I tried to wrap it around myself. It works better on a mobile cart that you move around the car, but then the power switch keeps getting bumped. Just got the Metro Master Blaster Revolution. Much prefer that - better hose and more power. FYI, I'm detailing my personal cars in the driveway, not a professional detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I prefer the side kick that is just me. The regular Electric Blower is just too big for me.
    Out of curiosity: How long does it take you to dry an entire car with the sidekick?

Post Thanks / Like

Metro master blaster.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

The DP dryer will work fine on crevices and wheels. I have not used the sidekick but may have better ergonomics since it does not have a hose to mess with.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the responses. My car is coated so to have it for that is great but it would be mainly for cracks and crevices. The mckees says 20,000 plus cfm but the metro says 28000 cfm. I want to make the right purchase the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmike40nj View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses. My car is coated so to have it for that is great but it would be mainly for cracks and crevices. The mckees says 20,000 plus cfm but the metro says 28000 cfm. I want to make the right purchase the first time.
    If you want more efficient power, metro master blaster. You have to drag it around a bit(on wheels) but doesn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

To me save your self a ton of money and by a shop vac that has a detacable motor that converts into a blower. After you do the research you will see the Mckees is nothing but this a shop vac motor that was designed to also be a blower. You will see by doing this you will save over 50% for the system and you will get a new shopvac at the same time.

By going this way you can also buy a smaller diameter hose for use as the blower. Then you will have one hose for blowing and the regular hose for vac and still be cheaper than both the McKees and the metro AC

Post Thanks / Like

I switched from a cordless leaf blower the the Master Blaster. I have it wall mounted though I sometimes roll it around. In my opinion, the two biggest benefits over a shop vac or leaf blower are that the air is filtered and it is warm (after a few minutes). I use CarPro HydrO2 when rinsing and have found that this really helps the water to fly off when drying with the Master Blaster. Cons: expensive, noisy, power hungry (20A circuit) and that long hose is a pain to store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Found this helpful? Please like this post.
    Watch my various detailing videos.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Killerheroin View Post
    To me save your self a ton of money and by a shop vac that has a detacable motor that converts into a blower. After you do the research you will see the Mckees is nothing but this a shop vac motor that was designed to also be a blower. You will see by doing this you will save over 50% for the system and you will get a new shopvac at the same time.

By going this way you can also buy a smaller diameter hose for use as the blower. Then you will have one hose for blowing and the regular hose for vac and still be cheaper than both the McKees and the metro AC
    Unless they've recently released another "shop vac" with a detachable blower, you're talking about the Ridgid vac right?

That particular vacuum comes with this blower attachment, which on that vac connects directly to the blower port [without a hose]

Also, that blower attachment is 2.5 OD and provides the maximum airflow whether it's sucking or blowing [180mph max with this 2.5" blower attachment]

Technically you could attach the smaller diameter hose, but you'll need to get the car detailing kit because that hose comes with the proper size adapter to connect the the larger size port... But even then, why deal with 10' of hose when you can connect directly and not fumble around with 10' of hose... Plus you'll lose a ton of airflow once you switch to the smaller diameter hose [whether it's sucking or blowing] trust me, I own the vac. Better yet, trust Ridgid, they can confirm it if you call them and ask

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12