autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Commercial Vacuum

First off, I know AG does not sell these or any other detail supply vendor for that matter, but I picked up this little guy at a local pawn shop for $60 last week.
    Commercial Vacuum-00003663-jpeg

It is an English-made Numatic NVQ380. Retails for $350-400 USD. They are a janitorial type floor vacuum, dry only. For $60 I was willing to take a chance. THIS THING IS AMAZING!! I fitted my hoses to with some creative adapter work and I have never had a vacuum with such strong suction. The nozzle is actually hard to control because it sticks to the carpets it so strong. My last couple jobs I noticed my vacuum time was much less because I was picking up everything on the first pass. Pet hair that I would have to go over a few times was down to just one pass or two!
    Another benefit is the noise or lack of. The suction noise at the nozzle is louder than the vacuum itself. I run a Honda EU2000i generator, very quiet. The vacuum is quieter than the generator when side by side! It is by far the best vacuum I have ever used the last 20 years. I would have never bought a $400 vacuum to detail with, but knowing how good a quality commercial duty unit is, I might have.

I guess what I'm getting at is not to use too cheap of tools. If you are serious about a trade or job, use high-quality tools to achieve the best work you can and be the most efficient. I'm saving a lot of time on interiors with this vac now...

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Commercial Vacuum

never been in a pawn shop, might have to go check a few out some time...