autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage Rolling Cart - QUICK review

As the name implies, this will be a QUICK review of the Griot's Garage Rolling Cart (with outlets).

I usually use a small aluminum portable platform when I detail a car. It's small, it folds, and I can take it with me on mobile jobs. The main thing I have against it, it's kind of small. I've made it work, but yeah.

Somewhat recently, I was on the set of Competition Ready doing some work with the others, under the watchful eye of Mike Phillips. I noticed he had the Griot's cart, so I walked over to check it out. Mind you, I had seen this one online on the store, as wells as others (like Megs) and even other brands at other locations (not AG). I always thought they were kind of big and kind of pricey...at least for me.

Anyway. So I go on over to Mike, and start asking him about the cart, while I'm looking it over. I was surprised that it was smaller than I expected. He went over some of the features of the cart, including the outlets that we later used with the polishers, and it really had me considering getting a cart.

Sure enough, I bought one within like two weeks!

The cart is pretty solid. The legs are hollow plastic (oops, I have the dimensions written, but forgot them at home). That doesn't stop this thing from being sturdy. Two of the casters have locks. This has come in handy a couple of times already. Three shelves also comes in handy. Before this cart, I was looking at some [brand] that had two shelves. Almost bought that one. But the three shelves, I feel, can be used more effectively overall.

I haven't tried the outlets, though. The cord it comes with is a pretty good length, and if I had the HD version of some of my polishers, you bet I'd be using those outlets!!

Cost: This is one of the more expensive carts (detailing) that I've seen. Honestly, I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for me taking advantage of sales and everything I could to bring the cost down. My wife taught me how to maximize my dollar when shopping.

I'm VERY happy with the cart. I've used it for detailing. I've used it.....here, let me show you!!!!

I've used it at the office to do some filing.

I've used it (along with a couple of my co-workers) to move from one office suite to another (within the building). (And YES, that's a bottle of Sonax sitting on the top shelf)

I've done that type of move twice now, actually. Here's one of me moving my PBMG boxes that I keep at work!!

When the neighbor asked me to detail his car, I grabbed some supplies, onto the cart, and went to work

Here's one of my favorites... I was going to use it to load it with the food/groceries in my fridge, so I can clean out my fridge. And I did use it for that. It makes cleaning faster. But, I ended up using it for COOKING. haha... yes. I was able to use it (love the height of this cart) to put some food stuff and have it closer to me at the stove.

Overall impressions: GREAT cart. Love the size. Love the outlets. Love the utility. About the only thing I don't care for is it's retail price. But from the looks of things, the price is fair and competitive (?)

Thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage Rolling Cart - QUICK review

Oh man, now I want a cart too... Thanks, Jesus... Ha! JK. Those carts do look sweet. Glad this purchase made it home from your office.

(PS - your monkey avatar always throws me for a loop vs the PE8 one on Autopia)

Post Thanks / Like

JJ that last picture in the kitchen is the best!!!!

don't forget that this cart has the reinforced handle with the trusses to help keep it from snapping off, that's a pretty big feature that I think goes un-noted but adds to its overall quality

Mike Phillips

Nice review Jesus...

I wrote a review for this car too. First thing I noticed was how sturdy the handle is compared to similar carts.

Turned the car over and looked under the handle and found out why. More bracing. Check it out as the handle is the weak link without the extra bracing. I know... have carts with cracked/broken handles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Oh man, now I want a cart too... Thanks, Jesus... Ha! JK. Those carts do look sweet. Glad this purchase made it home from your office.

(PS - your monkey avatar always throws me for a loop vs the PE8 one on Autopia)
    Thanks Angus. I really do enjoy using the cart. Finding it being used more often than I thought it would.

hahaha.. That monkey throws me off too!! For too long, I went without an avatar on this site. Finally decided to put one to make finding my posts easier, but didn't have my other one "within reach" and this monkey happened to be on my desktop, so I went with it. Say hello to my little Flex! Eventually, I'll switch it to the PE8.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    JJ that last picture in the kitchen is the best!!!!

don't forget that this cart has the reinforced handle with the trusses to help keep it from snapping off, that's a pretty big feature that I think goes un-noted but adds to its overall quality
    I love the kitchen one the best, too! hehe. HAD to take a pic of it. Regarding the reinforced handle, see my comment below.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nice review Jesus...

I wrote a review for this car too. First thing I noticed was how sturdy the handle is compared to similar carts.

Turned the car over and looked under the handle and found out why. More bracing. Check it out as the handle is the weak link without the extra bracing. I know... have carts with cracked/broken handles.

Thank you, Mike!

That's what you had told me, and even showed me, while on set of the Bruce Meyer CR episode. I took that with me, and that helped push the purchase of this particular cart.

Post Thanks / Like

What a supremo detailing buggy!

"Now you knows...how a baller balls".
    ~Snoop Dogg

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    "Now you knows...how a baller balls".
    ~Snoop Dogg
    ^ Wow ^