autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Glass Tool Feedback?

A combination of my short arms and the long windshield of a Prius has me looking at tools like the Glass Master and the Invisible Glass tool made by Stoner to reach down on the bottom of the interior glass. They look go be the same thing, and they might even be the same thing.

I'm wondering if anyone can say from experience that they are indeed the same, or if one is a higher quality product than the other. Do either of them work very well for doing a solid cleaning in hard to reach areas? I don't want to spend the $$ on some flimsy thing that doesn't even get the job done.

If there are other products I missed, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass Tool Feedback?

Can't remember which one I have but it works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes both invisible glass, and glass master hard to reach glass tool are both the same only difference is that you could get three bonnets with the glass master depending upon which package you buy, also another difference is that the glass master have this net storage bag it comes with I had got the glass master and it works well but in the mean time why don't you get in on the passenger side, and reach over to the lowest point of the dash you can on the drivers side, then get in on the drivers side, and reach to the lowest point on the passenger side

Post Thanks / Like
    They are essentially the same tool, just different color if I remember correctly. I have and use the yellow one regularly.

Id suggest getting extra cleaning cloths for it to work the best. I usually use one wetter for scrubbing, then put a fresh one on for final cleaning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the glass master of metal construction? I'd rather spend the extra on the kit and get some extra pads and a more durable tool.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. Looks like the Glass Master is plastic, although it has apparently fooled a few reviewers on various sites. In some pics, it does look metal, but in others it is obviously plastic. Maybe it used to be metal. If there was a metal one, it would definitely be my pick. Looks like Griot's rebrands something that is identical to the Glass Master Pro

I've tried every wacky way I can to get some good pressure on the lowest part of the windshield in the Prius. Basically end up pressing with fingertips and then I can see spots I missed in the right light. There is a lot of dash to reach over in that car.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Stoner and use it all the time. My 2001 Grand Prix has large glass with steep rake. The front is a breeze to do with this tool (one tip spray the cleaner on the cloth not the windshield). The rear glass is almost impossible to do by hand and it is tinted so you have to be extra careful not to scratch it. Using the tool is only way I can do it. My inside glass doesn't get very dirty as I'm only one in the car most of the time and I don't smoke or drive with windows down. That said without the tool I would put off as long as possible any cleaning and wait for the rear glass to be completely frosted over before trying be a contortionist to clean it.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the Stoner wand at WalMart and use it all the time.
    But never with their "bonnets"
    I spray a MF with Stoners then clean the window with it over the end of the wand.
    Then polish with another clean, dry MF.
    And repeat if required.
    It's five years old and the foam on the triangular shaped pad is still in good shape and really grips those MF clothes I use to do the actual cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    I spray a MF with Stoners then clean the window with it over the end of the wand. Then polish with another clean, dry MF.
    The tools work well, but as has been noted, the bonnets are kind of logistical nuisance, they are expensive and hard to find extras, and mess up your microfiber laundry schedule. Oldmodman has a good solution.

Long lost Patrick from Excel Detail (from another forum) simplified it even further--he used a plastic (kitchen) spatula with a towel wrapped around it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the glassmaster and love it. Great tool for those annoying lower spots just above the dashboard. Some of the Mercedes are impossible to get your hand down there, so the glassmaster has its place on my list of tools for the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast