autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant vs Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by kevincolby650 View Post
    does #21 or #26 leave a white residue on trim? I plan on taping but wondering for specific areas,
    You'll want to remove tape before sealing. Whether you've done single or multi-step paint correction for instance.

Both don't need to get on trim, but can get on it if you wipe it right off. I don't have anything with a bunch of hard plastic trim that turns white though, but rubber trim I don't have any problems with. Just wipe as you go. Also with M21 you can leave it on anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours and it seems to come off just as easy.

In the interest of full disclosure, I mentioned earlier in the thread how I'd rather not use a WOWA sealant. One of the reasons is all the wiping of the paint with the applicator and a fear that applicator induced marring will take place. In looking at several microfiber applicators I have, they are ALL made of the cheapest microfiber towels you can buy. I actually have two green ones that were sent as freebies that match exactly the green mf applicator pads in one of my last orders.

With that being said, I washed my G the other day, just too dusty to keep wiping it plus I got caught with a little bit of wet road (about half a mile) the other day on the way home. (Wasn't raining, but the road was still damp from a passing shower.) Decided I'd just put a coat of BF Crystal Seal on it, and instead of the regular pad, I just folded up one of the Costco gold's into a small pad and it worked like a charm. Much softer than the other pads, and a little longer nap to boot.

One thing I don't like about it (BF CS) now that it's cured a couple of days, is it is a LOT less slick and sexy feeling than Megs 21. It's actually 'grabby' feeling! Megs leaves the surface sensual and silky feeling, like sliding a satin top sheet off a bottom sheet. Not quite oily, but surely not 'grabby'.

I'll hit it tomorrow with some BF WD Polymer Spray and see if that helps the feel. Seems I remember that WG DG Liquid Seal wasn't as 'grabby'. Also have WG DG Spritz Sealant, but I'd be hard pressed to say there was much difference between it and the BF WD Polymer Spray.

I know that Megs 156 is slicker, and DG 951 is slicker than that. (Plus I keep a bottle of each that has been polycharged.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincolby650 View Post
    does #21 or #26 leave a white residue on trim? I plan on taping but wondering for specific areas,
    I believe they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Seems I remember that WG DG Liquid Seal wasn't as 'grabby'.
    I have not tried BFCS but for me WDGLS sheds water like crazy, looks nice and is easy to apply......slick it is NOT. For about a week it "felt" pretty nice, after that I would call it "grabby". I have thought the same thing about the quality of MF applicators. I believe I will try the folded towel next time.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    I have not tried BFCS but for me WDGLS sheds water like crazy, looks nice and is easy to apply......slick it is NOT. For about a week it "felt" pretty nice, after that I would call it "grabby". I have thought the same thing about the quality of MF applicators. I believe I will try the folded towel next time.

Oh they both shed water, (although on my G it hardly gets wet). I just don't know if I like the 'feel', to the point where I'd rather use a WOWO sealant.

I probably spend more time removing product and trying something new on the darned thing than I would if I drove it in the darned rain!

And yeah... the applicator thing I think is a thing of the past with a decent folded towel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12