autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 65 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Klasse AIO, Klasse Sealer. Absolutely the worst, most over-rated product ever. Does not come off easily and is just not very impressive.
    I have to ask- are you applying by hand or machine?

Disclaimer: I haven't used either of those, I'm just curious. Any time I've had trouble removing any product it's always been because I used too much, which is easy to do by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

Disclaimer: I haven't used either of those, I'm just curious. Any time I've had trouble removing any product it's always been because I used too much, which is easy to do by hand.
    I've used both. And applied by hand. Easy on, easy off. You just have to heed the directions. When the directions say "sparingly" they mean it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

Both. I was a little surprised when two friends, totally independent purchases from each other, about ten years ago came to the same conclusion, that the product was terrible from a usage standpoint. In a recent test it fared the same. It was the the same difficult-to-remove experience. It was streaky with an iridescent glow on some pristine black finish.

Compared to the McKees 360 and some other synthetics (Griots, Meguiars, Wolfgang) we had it was like comparing rotten picked chicken bones to prime NY steak. Just a horrible, horrible experience in comparison. Maybe this stuff was really good 15 years ago but compared to what is available now it just doesn't even deserve to be in the same discussion.

I would never have mentioned it here except for the fact that some friends had the same negative experience that I had with these two products.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax high speed wax. I always get streaks. Maybe I'm not wiping off fast enough. I've also never tried it when the car is still wet.

CG black light... I am not seeing any benefit from this product at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Both. I was a little surprised when two friends, totally independent purchases from each other, about ten years ago came to the same conclusion, that the product was terrible from a usage standpoint. In a recent test it fared the same. It was the the same difficult-to-remove experience. It was streaky with an iridescent glow on some pristine black finish.

Compared to the McKees 360 and some other synthetics (Griots, Meguiars, Wolfgang) we had it was like comparing rotten picked chicken bones to prime NY steak. Just a horrible, horrible experience in comparison. Maybe this stuff was really good 15 years ago but compared to what is available now it just doesn't even deserve to be in the same discussion.

I would never have mentioned it here except for the fact that some friends had the same negative experience that I had with these two products.
    Try applying it to smaller areas and removing it immediately. It's basically a paint cleaner that leaves some protection. It's all chemical cleaning, no abrasives. So, there's not a lot to be gained by machine application.

I use a Polishing Pal (Wolfgang Polishin’ Pal is an ergonomically shaped urethane handle that holds specially designed foam pads using hooks & loops.) in one hand and a microfiber in the other. I have good luck with the stuff. It cleans well and the acrylic finish is a good base for sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Megs Ultimate Protectant. I was never satisfied with that stuff ever since the day it came out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    Megs Ultimate Protectant. I was never satisfied with that stuff ever since the day it came out.
    I've never used it... But what don't you like about it? Can you be specific?

Post Thanks / Like

Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    What about Ultimate liquid or Ultimate paste? I find both of those easy on an off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What about Ultimate liquid or Ultimate paste? I find both of those easy on an off.

Those are 2 totally different things... You can't compare a plastic & vinyl protectant to a paint sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    I have been very impressed by Meguiars Interior Detail Products.
    D106 Fiber Rinse and Tannin Stain Remover and D116 Protein Stain Remover are the best I have used to date for cleaning, especially with steamers and extractors.
    They are exactly what I look for in regards to interior cleaning for carpet and upholstery.
    Clear in color, unscented, can be diluted way down, and can clean any dirt and stain.

Meguiars D102 Foam Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is a great way to finish as an LSP in tandem with the above products, or use by itself for light cleaning and maintenance details.
    Has the best, freshest scent of any foam cleaner that I have used and I think it is perfect in that regards.

Griot's Garage Interior cleaner is probably the best all around interior cleaner, as it can not only clean, but leaves a great finish on panels, the dash, console, etc...

For tough stains, such as heavy grease and mud, stains you think might be impossible to remove, there is none better than Rapid Remover.
    This product is expensive, but I have yet to meet a stain it can't remove, especially with a steamer, extraction, or Tornador.
    This product will always have a permanent spot in the detail inventory.
    It is awesome, and smells great too.

Thanks brother appreciate the input and detailed reply! Most regretted detailing product purchase

Page 65 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast