autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Regretting buying a black car

I bought a black T.A. about 6 months ago. I always loved black and i wanted a black car. After owning it for awhile, i now realize how much of a pain it is to keep it clean. I know i'm preaching to the choir here. I was wondering if there is any special steps or products that work best specifically on black cars. I used menzerna but didn't really see drastic improvement. Here are some pics

bumper, very scratched

The door handles are so swirled it kills me. Any suggestions?

Hood

Also, i used adam's VRT on this. I was very disappointed with the results. Any suggestions on making this a deep black color again?

Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    what did you do with the menzerma that it looks like that?
    ~Lulu~

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Green pad and detail spray as lubricant. I didnt' get to final polish the whole car, but the hood was. I must be very inexperienced with the PC

Post Thanks / Like
    did you break the polish down? how long did you work it?
    if not done right, the polish can scratch the car.
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe22
    Green pad and detail spray as lubricant. I didnt' get to final polish the whole car, but the hood was. I must be very inexperienced with the PC
    Pick up this:

Pinnacle Complete Car Care System Instructional How-to DVD

Great tuts for new folks to the PC
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy's Trim Restore for the wiper cowl for sure. As for polishes, anything that Autogeek sells for polishes will do, whether its Poorboys SSRs, XMT, Pinnacle or Wolfgange swirl removers, etc. A 'green pad' gives me no information. What company made this green pad? Whats the abrasiveness of it? From the first pictures it looks like product wasn't fully broken down or the pad caused extra marring. Did you use Menzerna Intensive polish or final polish? Or another one of their polishes? IMO, there are much more user friendly polishes compared to Menzerna. What towels did you use to wipe the polish off with? It looks like those may have caused some marring as well. XMT 3 or Poorboys SSR 2 or 2.5 should do the trick to get your finish to your standed (used with a polishing pad). Just do a few searches on whatever products you buy, watch the videos so you'll be familiar with their characteristics. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like optimum polish Nattys blue wax and trim restorer will work wonders for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    Poorboy's Trim Restore for the wiper cowl for sure. As for polishes, anything that Autogeek sells for polishes will do, whether its Poorboys SSRs, XMT, Pinnacle or Wolfgange swirl removers, etc. A 'green pad' gives me no information. What company made this green pad? Whats the abrasiveness of it? From the first pictures it looks like product wasn't fully broken down or the pad caused extra marring. Did you use Menzerna Intensive polish or final polish? Or another one of their polishes? IMO, there are much more user friendly polishes compared to Menzerna. What towels did you use to wipe the polish off with? It looks like those may have caused some marring as well. XMT 3 or Poorboys SSR 2 or 2.5 should do the trick to get your finish to your standed (used with a polishing pad). Just do a few searches on whatever products you buy, watch the videos so you'll be familiar with their characteristics. Good luck.
    woah. he really hit it all right there for you. you can fix it - it will be ok!
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Black cars are not for the faint of heart. But when properly done, they look awesome. I would watch the videos XMT has made if you haven't already. I think the site is...
    XMT Series by Pinnacle; Xtreme Machine Technology polishes & glazes for dual action orbital & rotary polishers.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't black so fun toi rub on
    1. For under the door handle, put some compound or polish on a mf towel and rub at it with your fingers. that will help that out.
    2. What menzerna product did you use, and what company pads are you using.
    3. Where do you live, somebody on here might live near you and might be able to give a hand.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast