autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Wash and No Rinse for Hard Water

you can also look into this..I have one of these for my reef tank
    75 GPD RO/DI 4 Stage Economy System - English

The filters for them are cheap..the pre filters can last a few hundred gallons and the membrane should last around 600+ gallons depending on how hard the water is. this is not same thing as the Spotless rinse since you dont connect hose to it and spray down car. but it will make you Zero TDS water..I use it to make my ONR water and sometimes when i wash the car I will make 2 5gal buckets of this before I wash the car..then I just slowly pour the water over the car after I rinsed it well..You dont have to worry about water spots again while drying.

I think those metro blowers are sooo stupidly overpriced..just for a blower. I got one at walmart one year it was an EXACT replica as the Metro Motorcycle Air Force Blaster and i only paid $20. Has exact same specs as it..i wouldnt be surprised if it was built in same place just different label on it. Sure beats taking it in the rear for the over price of the metro name. Has never given me one issue yet over past 3years

Post Thanks / Like

If you have really hard water and want to do the standard car wash and water rinse, then you need to get some kind of softener. I got the single canister one from AG for like 95 bucks and it worked well enough. If you have harder water or are doing a lot of washes you'll need the CR Spotless.

The other option is to switch to no rinse car washes. I've gone this route since it's simpler and faster. A couple gallons of distilled water and do it in the shade or preferably in the garage. I don't get any spots.

If you have a dehumidifier, you have ready access to free "distilled" water. The water from a dehumidifier will be free of dissolved minerals. Save it up in gallon jugs and use it for No Rinse washes. That's what I do. I'm keeping the AG softener canister for washes where I need to blast off road grime, mud and salt. Otherwise I'm doing rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    you can also look into this..I have one of these for my reef tank
    75 GPD RO/DI 4 Stage Economy System - English

The filters for them are cheap..the pre filters can last a few hundred gallons and the membrane should last around 600+ gallons depending on how hard the water is. this is not same thing as the Spotless rinse since you dont connect hose to it and spray down car. but it will make you Zero TDS water..I use it to make my ONR water and sometimes when i wash the car I will make 2 5gal buckets of this before I wash the car..then I just slowly pour the water over the car after I rinsed it well..You dont have to worry about water spots again while drying.

I think those metro blowers are sooo stupidly overpriced..just for a blower. I got one at walmart one year it was an EXACT replica as the Metro Motorcycle Air Force Blaster and i only paid $20. Has exact same specs as it..i wouldnt be surprised if it was built in same place just different label on it. Sure beats taking it in the rear for the over price of the metro name. Has never given me one issue yet over past 3years
    I agree completely. Do you happen to have a picture of yours? If not do you think that you could get one to show me what yours looks like? I'm starting college and I would like to save as much money as possible. Thanks in advance

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

the one in the link is the same thing I have.

Post Thanks / Like

the one in the link is the same thing I have.
    I was talking about the blower

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

not mine but the same thing

Post Thanks / Like

Can you provide a link to this exact replica by pm? I'm sorry but there is not a 4hp blower that matches the metro for 20$. If there is send me a link and I will apologize.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

never was able to find info on it and never saw in store again..they pop up on ebay once in a blue moon for about 60bucks. here is only info i can find anymore

"Wal Mart has red-tagged their $93.00 motorcycle warm air dryer. Down to $20. It's rated 4 HP and puts out good quantities of warm air with the hose and various nozzles to dry your bike. Or dog. Or whatever. It's a great deal. i plugged it in and it works just as claimed on the box (below)

From the box:

Active Products, the "Quick and Easy" Model AP-MD1001

29,400 cubic feet per minute of heated warm filtered air.
    Suitable fo rmotorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, automobiles and other small vehicles
    Powerful 4.0 HP motor to dry your bike in just minutes!

10' x 1.8" flexible hose, 5 blow tips + 1 adapter.

Provides a "touch-less" drying suitable to all surfaces. Filtered air and rubber nozzles prevent scratches that could damage the paint.

For $93 it might be steeply priced, but for $20, it's a good buy.

UPC 9492274843"

I doubt there is much of a difference compared to the metro except being raped by the name..even if it did be just a little less powerful I could care less as I paid $180 less. For me it blows pretty damn good and blows my wheels dry in seconds and i have no problem blowing out all the seams and crevices on my car..I do not use it to blow dry the car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123