autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: how do I remove the little rust-colored dots on white paint

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post
    is this work included in the $120 job the client is paying for? might be a good opportunity to upsale your clients when you notice these kinds of spots in paint. This way you get paid for the hard work you do!
    Ya- I got killed on this one. There was also a lot of wax on the trim. I do this part time, so I don't have enough experience with estimating the work that goes into everything. Thankfully, the truck was almost spotless otherwise and he didn't need the wheels cleaned (was about to put on the summer rims). The best part is they swapped the F-150 with a Tahoe that I'm working on the next couple days that needs some swirl removal. Dark Blue '08. Can't wait... And, they want to bring them back annually.

I ended up using M105 with a polishing pad and also with a terry for hard-to-reach spots. Worked like a charm. M105 have 1001 uses, doesn't it???

I'm totally ordering IronX, though. That looks WAY easier!

Post Thanks / Like

well u did right by doing the right job. im sure they appreciated the extra work. dont forget to let them know u did the extra work btw. i like to through in a headlight restoration sometimes. i did for a $120 detail 2 months ago, now the lady contacted me and wants me to detail her truck as well + pay for a headlight restore on it as well. treat people right and they will come back!

im glad u got more work out of them too, and this one you can charge the correct price =)

im glad u found the right combo to get the job done! good job! take lots of pictures and post in the "show and shine" section.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    When I got my Yellow mustang back in 02 I clay barred the heck out of it and still had some tiny red spots. But the Iron X I bought on the big 15% sale two weeks ago got rid of all the specks. And the car had been clayed many times in the last eight years and still the spots remained. And they were still there after compounding with Menzerna and a Makita Rotary. Because they were way below the surface, nothing could reach them without taking off a lot of clear.
    IronX got them all!

You are exactly right. IronX is a cutting edge product that has no equal at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

RED clay magic works very well for rail rust spots. Theres usually No need to take
    unnecessary paint off unless its really deeply imbedded in the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I Would say the Iron-X also, will make it look like Frankensteins Monster as will be covered in purple veins...

I would have first used Tardis... No not Dr Who's ( Time & Relative Dimension in Space ) Although.....

Its a Uk tar dissolver hence the name but plenty others out there.

Then Clay this way the Iron-X is only getting at the Iron contaminants and nothing else covering them over so max product contact for max efficiency of product...

Stunning results on white but i use it on all cars as there is still iron fallout contamination just tends to be more noticeable on the white but its there on all vehicles.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I came across this thread because I have noticed rust spots on my 2012 Kia Sportage on the back. On the rear lift. Whatever you want to call it. When I look up close there are many and the look like they are on top of the paint. How is that? Will the product you suggested work. I have tried scrubbing off when I hand washed it the other day. But it did't work. They seem to be only on the the rear lift. I know this thread is old but hoping someone sees it and replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lynsky View Post
    I came across this thread because I have noticed rust spots on my 2012 Kia Sportage on the back. On the rear lift. Whatever you want to call it. When I look up close there are many and the look like they are on top of the paint. How is that? Will the product you suggested work. I have tried scrubbing off when I hand washed it the other day. But it did't work. They seem to be only on the the rear lift. I know this thread is old but hoping someone sees it and replies.

Most likely, but can't quite guarantee it considering I can't see the spots you're speaking about. It would most likely be from diving in the rain/snow and having the deposits from the wake. I am a firm believer in this product - and anything CarPro makes. I've tried other similar products to IronX, but IronX is the best.
    "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be." --- Socrates

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AC in OC View Post
    Most likely, but can't quite guarantee it considering I can't see the spots you're speaking about. It would most likely be from diving in the rain/snow and having the deposits from the wake. I am a firm believer in this product - and anything CarPro makes. I've tried other similar products to IronX, but IronX is the best.
    Thanks for your reply.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

YouTube ironx, it's cool to watch for the first time

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this thread. I ran into this today while detailing a white Infinty. Grabbed my iPad and searched through the forum. Problem handled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast