autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to fix cloth seats with burns?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    Take a razor blade and scrape the seats to remove some fibers and lint. Place a dab of super glue in the burn mark and place all the fibers you collected right on top to fill them up. Let the glue dry a few minutes and trim. Its not a perfect fix but it makes things look a lot better and cheaper than reupholstering.
    GREAT IDEA!!!! (Thanks for sharing this) I have an older pickup w/ a couple of burns in the carpet I will try this on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it! I know this doesn't really coincide with the detailing arena.... but I am doing a car from a dealership and he requested to have the seats fixed! I will do the best I can!
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

PEP BOYS sells 3 different kits - One for Vinyl & Leather, One for Carpet and One for Cloth upolstery. All are $4.99 and work well. If you practice a little with them they are just about perfect ! You may have to really search for them because they are usually hidden on an endcap. Just ask an associate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wax Gorilla View Post
    PEP BOYS sells a 3 different kits - One for Vinyl & Leather, One for Carpet and One for Cloth upolstery. All are $4.99 and work well. If you practice a little with them they are just about perfect !
    Damn... just order the kit I listed above for $16 shipped! Does it look like that or is it different? Unfortunatley, I do not have a Pep Boys here!
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernStyles View Post
    Thanks.... found that and ordered it last night. Just the beginner kit though! It looks good and can't wait till it comes in! It will be good for other people's cars!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    Depending on the vehicle, it is sometimes possible to get the fill in fuzz from the carpet. The advantage being that you can get the material form under a seat.
    Like Lasthope05 says, it isn't perfect, but it does make a defect much less noticeable.
    This is a sure way to match the color. I purchased one of the cheaper cloth repair kits. It has all the different colors of flock (cloth fibers). You can mix them until you have a near perfect match. Use Elmers glue in the burn and sprinkle the material in the area. The Super Glue dries real hard. IMO If it is deep it may take a couple applications. If you can find extra material under the seat or carpet. Cut it up fine and do the same thing. It works!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine View Post
    This is a sure way to match the color. I purchased one of the cheaper cloth repair kits. It has all the different colors of flock (cloth fibers). You can mix them until you have a near perfect match. Use Elmers glue in the burn and sprinkle the material in the area. The Super Glue dries real hard. IMO If it is deep it may take a couple applications. If you can find extra material under the seat or carpet. Cut it up fine and do the same thing. It works!
    So, don't use super glue? I bought fabric glue and it is taking forever to dry... and it made the area look darker.... is this normal? I put on a minimal amount so over application is not the issue here. Should I try other glues?

PS- My kit has not come in yet, and this car has to be turned in tomorrow! This is why I am taking the carpet fill route.... thankfully I can with the suedeish material this Jetta has

Post Thanks / Like

Also... after it is done... will the spots seem a bit darker in color? It looks a lot better than the cig burns tho!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12