autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carbrite detailing products?

Has any of you ever tried the Carbrite line of detailing supplies. Its pretty big over in philadelphia,PA . Most of the shops and dealerships use this or Ardex. It seems more or a commerical brand. The Infinity of Willow Grove(used to work here) uses their products extensively. Anybody here ever use it and can you compare it to any products AG offers? Im just mostly looking for feed back on those who used it before and what they thing about it compared to other products. Mostly looking for input on Sleek and Laserbrite 2.

I personally use alot of the 3M PI 3000 compound, polishes, and glazes along with a few from Carbrite, Ardex, DG and DP.
    Last edited by Lasthope05; 12-13-2007 at 11:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carbrite detailing products?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05@aol.com View Post
    Has any of you ever tried the Carbrite line of detailing supplies. Its pretty big over in philadelphia,PA . Most of the shops and dealerships use this or Ardex. It seems more or a commerical brand. The Infinity of Willow Grove(used to work here) uses their products extensively. Anybody here ever use it and can you compare it to any products AG offers? Im just mostly looking for feed back on those who used it before and what they thing about it compared to other products. Mostly looking for input on Sleek and Laserbrite 2.

I personally use alot of the 3M PI 3000 compound, polishes, and glazes along with a few from Carbrite, Ardex, DG and DP.

Never used it, thought I will be up there for christmas. If you worked in willow grove, thats right next door to me. I am from glenside
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them.
    Running off to work right now, but when I get home, I will go down a list of what I use and have used. What I like and do not like, and what I think they are comparable to. I use more of their chemicals over the polishes, but again, I'll get into it more later on....
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

these lines are typically high volume reasonable quality products for detailers to buy in bulk. Not what I would personally compare to high end boutique products however.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    these lines are typically high volume reasonable quality products for detailers to buy in bulk. Not what I would personally compare to high end boutique products however.
    very true becarful with there interior cleaners if you keep useing them they will eventaully discolor plastic.
    i know because it happend to me all the solvents in these cleaners dyed out my dash. other then that there ok they will clean you car nice . but there not recommended for guys like use who clean our cars weekly just becarfull
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Their polishes are pretty good. I don't have a ton of experience with them but they finish off pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Not high end, but I think that only compares to the polishes, waxes, sealants. The Chemicals on the other hand, different story.

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    very true becarful with there interior cleaners if you keep useing them they will eventaully discolor plastic.
    i know because it happend to me all the solvents in these cleaners dyed out my dash. other then that there ok they will clean you car nice . but there not recommended for guys like use who clean our cars weekly just becarfull
    What cleaners were you using? APC? I use citrus APC. It cleans just like any other APC on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    Their polishes are pretty good. I don't have a ton of experience with them but they finish off pretty well.
    I find there polishes comparable to Poorboys or the XMT line.
    I would not call them high end, but better yet, "entry level" if you will...

I use their polishes, but am switching over to Menz. soon.
    I use pretty much, everything else from them, with the exception of a few products purchased from AG.
    A run down of some I use are the...

All-Sol- Basically, just like any other prep/all-sol product. Used for removing sticker residue, tar, etc....

Citrus APC-Again, about the same as any other APC on the market.

Super Dress it All- I find this water based dressing to be almost exactly like Meguiars Hyper Dressing, but without the grape smell. I buy it 5 gallons at a time, diluted 1:1-1:4, it can make 20 gallons. It costs a fraction of the Megs.

Purple Dressing- Silicone dressing. My clients love it. I have no idea what is compares to.

RTU Glass Cleaner
    -(RTU=ready to use) I like this clagg cleaner. 5 galons at a time, and I do actually dilute it down a little.

And a few others I cannot think of off the top of my head....
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

I know whenever I use their polishes it leaves the finishes very slick and glossy. So they are pretty much low quality polish in general compared to other comerical brands(megs, 3m)? or just not up to par with the boutique of menz.

I mean I basically bought a gallon of both Sleek and Laserbrite 2 for personal use because of how easy it is to work with and results you get are amazing. If you guys say they are not so great compared to other I guess I'm stuck with 2 gallons of this stuff.

Anybody want some samples? I'd love to see someone compare this to the other glazes out there.

Sleek(lotion clean/glaze)
    NO LINKS ALLOWED TO COMPETITORS PRODUCT LINE !

Laserbrite (polish)
    DITTO !
    Last edited by ScottB; 12-15-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB View Post
    Not high end, but I think that only compares to the polishes, waxes, sealants. The Chemicals on the other hand, different story.

What cleaners were you using? APC? I use citrus APC. It cleans just like any other APC on the market.

I find there polishes comparable to Poorboys or the XMT line.
    I would not call them high end, but better yet, "entry level" if you will...

I use their polishes, but am switching over to Menz. soon.
    I use pretty much, everything else from them, with the exception of a few products purchased from AG.
    A run down of some I use are the...

All-Sol- Basically, just like any other prep/all-sol product. Used for removing sticker residue, tar, etc....

Citrus APC-Again, about the same as any other APC on the market.

Super Dress it All- I find this water based dressing to be almost exactly like Meguiars Hyper Dressing, but without the grape smell. I buy it 5 gallons at a time, diluted 1:1-1:4, it can make 20 gallons. It costs a fraction of the Megs.

Purple Dressing- Silicone dressing. My clients love it. I have no idea what is compares to.

RTU Glass Cleaner-(RTU=ready to use) I like this clagg cleaner. 5 galons at a time, and I do actually dilute it down a little.

And a few others I cannot think of off the top of my head....
    blue magic. i use this in my dumptruck interior .dont get me wrong it cleans great but it removed the dye from my dash after prolonged use. i used it every week. the solvents in it dryed it out. so for now i just use blue magic on the poliurithan floor and d/p on the dash
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05@aol.com View Post
    I know whenever I use their polishes it leaves the finishes very slick and glossy. So they are pretty much low quality polish in general compared to other comerical brands(megs, 3m)? or just not up to par with the boutique of menz.

I mean I basically bought a gallon of both Sleek and Laserbrite 2 for personal use because of how easy it is to work with and results you get are amazing. If you guys say they are not so great compared to other I guess I'm stuck with 2 gallons of this stuff.

Anybody want some samples? I'd love to see someone compare this to the other glazes out there.

Sleek(lotion clean/glaze)

Laserbrite (polish)
    the problem with there polishe sive found out they have silicon in them so there for they mask alot of scracthes
    Last edited by ScottB; 12-16-2007 at 10:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast