autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz Maintenance

I have Wolfgang Uber ceramic paint coating applied 2x's. I have toppers by a company mentioned earlier but can't talk about them here. I really hope AG finds them/they reach out to AG (not sure how the process works) and brings them in😎

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I drove my car in an absolute downpour this morning and parked it. It stopped raining about 20 mins after it was parked and eventually cleared out. Five hours later I went out on the 2nd part of my run and stopped to look at my car. Not only did I NOT see any waterspots, including the glass but barely any dirt. Where I did see "some" was on top of the rear bumper and down on the sideskirts but I mean minimal. So minimal infact that if I had a cruise night type thing to go to I wouldn't have even wiped it down with my travel WW (N914). I basically have 2 different types of "coating toppers" on the car right now and I'm just shaking my head right now, it's incredible.

I can't talk about them here per the rules but drop me a PM, hopefully that's ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Reset is great as others have stated, but for a Fantasic soap meant to compliment CQuartz, I'd recommend CarPro Hydrofoam. Stuff is phenomenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I can't talk about them here per the rules but drop me a PM, hopefully that's ok.
    We get it. Coincidentally, earlier today I was considering why/when/how AG brings in products. First of all, they'd have to be able to make money on them, which means they have to be able to get distributor pricing. And some places may insist on MAP pricing for resale, which I doubt AG wants to do. And I have to believe AG can help drive people toward products, so as a supplier do you want a larger percentage going through another channel rather than selling at retail. Too long winded - point I'm making is that it's not as simple as AG picking up the phone and saying "hey, send us some product x."

Then consider the products AG has. And all the different brands. (It also occurred to me that Bob McKee must be a branding and marketing guru.)
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

And just realized I mentioned a non-AG product in an earlier reply. My bad and was just not thinking about the source.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Rippy!

Post Thanks / Like

So had a thought related to this. You want to keep gloss enhancers off your coating. But in winter here I want to use my Big Red Sponge to wash lower panels and really dirty areas. Much too nasty for a microfiber towel, and even a lot for a mitt. So any idea what's coating friendly and would likely work with a BRS? Ech20? Doesn't have to be rinseless, but it's preferable so I can do it in the garage when it's 35 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    So had a thought related to this. You want to keep gloss enhancers off your coating. But in winter here I want to use my Big Red Sponge to wash lower panels and really dirty areas. Much too nasty for a microfiber towel, and even a lot for a mitt. So any idea what's coating friendly and would likely work with a BRS? Ech20? Doesn't have to be rinseless, but it's preferable so I can do it in the garage when it's 35 degrees.
    Any rinseless wash is coating friendly. The self cleaning effect of a good coating will shed whatever is on top of it with a couple weeks time frame. For example ONR is fine to use. The polymers it leaves behind is pretty minute. McKee's N914 will work just fine with the BRS. Nick mentioned that in another thread long ago. I'm sure ech20 will work fine as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    And just realized I mentioned a non-AG product in an earlier reply. My bad and was just not thinking about the source.
    I do often. I am here for the wealth of knowledge and talking to you people, not promoting or not promoting a retailer. If a product is good, and people talk about it, AG should start to carry it if they don't already. They offer 90% of the products I like, roughly.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12