autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Glass streaking with Pinnacle Glass Sealant

I cleaned my windows today and then applied Pinnacle's Glass Sealant with a microfiber pad. I let it sit for 15 or so minutes. When I wiped it off using a microfiber towel I noticed some areas was harder to wipe off and then some areas streaked. Could applying too much provide these results? I only put 3 or 4 drops on the pad for each glass. Has anyone else had these results?
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Glass streaking with Pinnacle Glass Sealant

I am intimately familiar with this product. I have been using it since the day it came out. A couple of tips:

1. Best way to apply it is with a Car Pro coating block and a blue mechanic's paper towel. Use cross cross patterns & spread the product out as much as possible.

2. You only need to apply a few drops of this product at a time. Anything more is too much. This means a bottle will last a lifetime - I think I have like 4 bottles.

3. Forget 15 mins. I recommend letting it sit for at least an hour. I usually apply it right after washing; then vacuum, dress trim/wheels, apply LSP, eat a sandwich - and then remove it. Letting it dry in the sun is a plus.

4. Do your final buff with a clean short nap towel & DI water.

If you do as I recommend - it will work well. It's a very good glass sealant that lasts a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass streaking with Pinnacle Glass Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I am intimately familiar with this product. I have been using it since the day it came out. A couple of tips:

1. Best way to apply it is with a Car Pro coating block and a blue mechanic's paper towel. Use cross cross patterns & spread the product out as much as possible.

2. You only need to apply a few drops of this product at a time. Anything more is too much. This means a bottle will last a lifetime - I think I have like 4 bottles.

3. Forget 15 mins. I recommend letting it sit for at least an hour. I usually apply it right after washing; then vacuum, dress trim/wheels, apply LSP, eat a sandwich - and then remove it. Letting it dry in the sun is a plus.

4. Do your final buff with a clean short nap towel & DI water.

If you do as I recommend - it will work well. It's a very good glass sealant that lasts a long time.
    Thank you very much. I was on a short time frame today so I figured I would get all 6 windows out the way today and get the exterior next weekend. Applying the sealant only a few drops at a time on the microfiber pad probably put it on a little heavy so definitely will get the car pro block. I also like the distilled water and microfiber towel because I went back over it with Pinnacle glass cleaner and that seemed to get most of the streaks out, but I really don't like wasting product.

Ron