autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

chemical guys vs the world

What would you guys consider to be an ok/good product and a professional product? As a whole.

I was reading around the interwebs and many detailers were referring to CG as an "ok" product. Or a product for enthusiasts.

What products would you consider as professional? pinnacle, poorboys, wolfgang? etc.

I'm really looking for a professional product line. as I stated as a whole company, which manufacturer would you recommend as being a professional line?

as for as waxes/sealants are concerned i'm pretty stuck to gtechniq coatings. I haven't done one yet on a vehicle, but i've heard nothing but positive things from them. So basically i'm looking for everything else from a company. interior, polishes, wheel/tire cleaner etc.

Thanks and i'm anxious to hear what some of you professional detailers use and/or recommend

Post Thanks / Like

Re: chemical guys vs the world

I'm not sure what your criteria are. What makes something a "professional" product? Availability in bulk? Discounted pricing?

Post Thanks / Like

Megs , 3d. , optimum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 03Mustanger View Post
    What would you guys consider to be an ok/good product and a professional product? As a whole.

I was reading around the interwebs and many detailers were referring to CG as an "ok" product. Or a product for enthusiasts.

What products would you consider as professional? pinnacle, poorboys, wolfgang? etc.

I'm really looking for a professional product line. as I stated as a whole company, which manufacturer would you recommend as being a professional line?

as for as waxes/sealants are concerned i'm pretty stuck to gtechniq coatings. I haven't done one yet on a vehicle, but i've heard nothing but positive things from them. So basically i'm looking for everything else from a company. interior, polishes, wheel/tire cleaner etc.

Thanks and i'm anxious to hear what some of you professional detailers use and/or recommend
    I split my inventory from 3 different companies.my waxes and polishes compound I use pinnacle,poor boys is pretty good on some of there stuff.chemical guys quantities in small bottles is just to little for me as I do this for a living.although chemicals guys black clay is probably the best I've used,cuts quick and no marring even though it's agressive.The rest I get from wholesale vendors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I split my inventory from 3 different companies.my waxes and polishes compound I use pinnacle,poor boys is pretty good on some of there stuff.chemical guys quantities in small bottles is just to little for me as I do this for a living.although chemicals guys black clay is probably the best I've used,cuts quick and no marring even though it's agressive.The rest I get from wholesale vendors.

Overall what companies do you use out of curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On Site Auto Detailing- Detailing all of Central Michigan
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

I find this somewhat of a weird question..

There are guys here that can make a car look incredible with kit wax, and there are guys here that you could give top shelf stuff that would look like a jr high car wash/wax job.....

Chemical line is just a small part of the job. It's technique, experience and maybe knowing what chemical to do the job you want to complete.

In my opinion, there is no single manufacturer that makes the "best" complete line. Each has their stand out products, each has their "ok" products.

You gotta figure out what works for you.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    I find this somewhat of a weird question..

There are guys here that can make a car look incredible with kit wax, and there are guys here that you could give top shelf stuff that would look like a jr high car wash/wax job.....

Chemical line is just a small part of the job. It's technique, experience and maybe knowing what chemical to do the job you want to complete.

In my opinion, there is no single manufacturer that makes the "best" complete line. Each has their stand out products, each has their "ok" products.

You gotta figure out what works for you.......
    I agree with what you're saying. The top shelf stuff doesn't last that long whatsoever though.

basically I was asking this question so I could use for 1 single line up. Rather than having to buying product from company a to do job a and buy additional product from company b to do job b. Trying to save money I guess is a better way of putting it. Trial and error of products can get pricey.

What products specifically do you use from pinnacle and poor boys?

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to beat the Meguiar's professional line. Even their mid-grade products, most of which can be bought OTC are pretty good.
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the new McKee 37 line for complete line of quality products
    Hi my name is Steve and I am a Griotsaholic

Post Thanks / Like

chemical guys vs the world

It's not about product lines. It's about technique. If Tiger Woods gave me his clubs and he went out and bought a set at Walmart, he still wins every time.

So many people especially impatient ones spend a fortune on detailing supplies every time a new product or line comes out and guess what...in six months or a year the stuff is rotting away in a box someplace and it's on to the next magic pill.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast