autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum power clean?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Fast Eddie pulls a fast 1. Lol.

But seriously, you make a good point. Personally, I put Folex in a Megs All Purpose Cleaner Plus Bottle.

Attachment 42085

I've had times where the customer comes outside and says "dang, what the heck are you using"?! I simply grab the bottle of APC+ and say "this" He can look at the bottle, but no average Joe would know where to buy APC+, and even if he did he wouldn't be able to, because it's no longer available. Lol.
    And no I don't feel guilty at all.. I mean what good would it do me if average Joe knew he could get what I'm using at the store? And even if he did, average Joe hates cleaning his own car, so no harm no foul.
    Are you saying you will pour Armor All into a Meguiars Hyper Shine bottle and tell the customer you are using Hyper Shine and not feel bad about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Are you saying you will pour Armor All into a Meguiars Hyper Shine bottle and tell the customer you are using Hyper Shine and not feel bad about it?

I don't recall mentioning Armor All or Hyper Shine.

Post Thanks / Like

But to a answer your question: No, it's never my intention to pour something into a different bottle with somekind of unsavory intentions.. I hope you weren't seriously thinking that, because that would be taking things way too seriously, especially when I put "lol" on the post...

That "customer" I mentioned was actually a friend of mine. And it's not as if he was asking a critical question, so it's not as if anyone was being deceived or anything. Calm down.

I like Megs Detailer Line. I'm also a fan of their dispensor bottles. Everything in this picture is correct in its bottle. There's no Armor All in the "Hyper Shine" bottle...

Optimum power clean?-imageuploadedbyagonline1458699675-789313-jpg

And anything that isn't pre labeled, I have labeled with its own description on other Megs dispensor bottles. [the "tire shine" is actually Endura Tire Coat] Am I deliberately calling it some other brand? No.

Optimum power clean?-imageuploadedbyagonline1458699988-995449-jpg

I have my D114 in the bottle with the label, however I'm not a big fan of how that bottle looks, so I decided to buy a Megs Last Touch bottle to use as my D115 bottle. Should I feel bad about that too?

Optimum power clean?-imageuploadedbyagonline1458700227-032539-jpg

As far as the bottle you mentioned.. I happen to buy the stuff in the gallon and needed a dispensor bottle. Is it against unwritten rules of detailing for me to treat myself to a nice looking bottle that matches my other ones?

Optimum power clean?-imageuploadedbyagonline1458700749-653115-jpg

99% of customers will never even care to ask what you're using.. I'm not trying to decieve anyone. Just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    But to a answer your question: No, it's never my intention to pour something into a different bottle with somekind of unsavory intentions.. I hope you weren't seriously thinking that, because that would be taking things way too seriously, especially when I put "lol" on the post...

That "customer" I mentioned was actually a friend of mine. And it's not as if he was asking a critical question, so it's not as if anyone was being deceived or anything. Calm down.

I like Megs Detailer Line. I'm also a fan of their dispensor bottles. Everything in this picture is correct in its bottle. There's no Armor All in the "Hyper Shine" bottle...

Optimum power clean?-imageuploadedbyagonline1458699675-789313-jpg

And anything that isn't pre labeled, I have labeled with its own description on other Megs dispensor bottles. [the "tire shine" is actually Endura Tire Coat] Am I deliberately calling it some other brand? No.

Optimum power clean?-imageuploadedbyagonline1458699988-995449-jpg

I have my D114 in the bottle with the label, however I'm not a big fan of how that bottle looks, so I decided to buy a Megs Last Touch bottle to use as my D115 bottle. Should I feel bad about that too?

Optimum power clean?-imageuploadedbyagonline1458700227-032539-jpg

As far as the bottle you mentioned.. I happen to buy the stuff in the gallon and needed a dispensor bottle. Is it against unwritten rules of detailing for me to treat myself to a nice looking bottle that matches my other ones?

Optimum power clean?-imageuploadedbyagonline1458700749-653115-jpg

99% of customers will never even care to ask what you're using.. I'm not trying to decieve anyone. Just sayin.
    You are correct and i want to apologize. You never said anything about Armor All and Hyper Shine. I probably shouldn't have mentioned the products. Also I am not worked up at all about it. I was meaning just to use the Armor All as an example.

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct and i want to apologize. You never said anything about Armor All and Hyper Shine. I probably shouldn't have mentioned the products. Also I am not worked up at all about it. I was meaning just to use the Armor All as an example.

Total respect for you and how you chose to resolve this small misunderstanding. That's why I like this forum.👍🏽

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevinP64 View Post
    I didn't see the 7:1 ratio advertised on AG or Optimum web site. The reduction from a 25% to a 16+% solution seems significant to me especially in cost if that is all that is necessary for proper performance in the appropriate application. Could be I just missed it.
    You can dilute it to suit any cleaning job. It is very versatile.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123