autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How far do you go (level of cleanliness)

my car has plastic rocker panels. I was considering taking them off to clean and coat them and the paint behind them. Do you go this far with your daily driver? I'm sure it'll be a pain taking this off. No job ever goes easy. Not sure if I'm gonna go to this extreme

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How far do you go (level of cleanliness)

Do what makes you feel happy and complete. People think I'm crazy, with the 3 buffers, bottles of polish and wax and sealants lined up on a table in the basement, microfiber towels stacked in bags according to size, purpose, and thickness, and on and on. But I feel happy and complete; Frank, and it gives me a satisfaction that enables me to laugh along with them. You only live once, and you gotta be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSMet View Post
    Do what makes you feel happy and complete. People think I'm crazy, with the 3 buffers, bottles of polish and wax and sealants lined up on a table in the basement, microfiber towels stacked in bags according to size, purpose, and thickness, and on and on. But I feel happy and complete; Frank, and it gives me a satisfaction that enables me to laugh along with them. You only live once, and you gotta be happy.

Bravo, well said and I couldn't agree more!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100%.

My wife thought I was crazy for removing the blades/rockers on my S4 to detail them and what lays behind them and coating both the top and behind the rockers with clear bra but it's what I do initially and won't likely remove them again. It's 100% protected, looks great and that's important to me. Therapy.

Now I'm off to rinseless wash her in the garage for the 1hr of therapy I need today.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Mr frankprozzoly,

Yeah I try not to think about it... still, current plan is to remove as much ABS plastic trim/mirrors to coat with C4, and fairing to coat with Gloss-Coat backside and front. And the engine will be getting Permanon neat.

I don't think that's going too far. Once trim and panels are off they're easier to work on resulting in a more complete job, and peace of mind.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

I've never considered removing the plastic rocker panels.. But I did remove the license plates today.

How far do you go (level of cleanliness)-imageuploadedbyagonline1458413418-288414-jpg

Cleaned, clayed, and applied sealant behind them, now all I have to do is clean the plate and the plastic cover that goes over it. I'm gonna clean and seal the chrome license plate trim as well.

Post Thanks / Like

We are all OCD I say Rock on!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I've removed various parts from my vehicles to cleaned behind and or add protection from interior panels, light fixtures, even certain engine parts the point is feed the detailbug, and OCDness until full from a standpoint your most comfortable with...happy detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Frame-off detailrestorationization is the only way to go

Post Thanks / Like

How far do you go (level of cleanliness)

I wouldn't do it.

Plastic clips will break. They won't go back on as straight as they came off.. You will put a divot in one with a screwdriver... Something will snap...

These parts aren't designed to be removed.

Life is too short.

Just clean them on the car and coat them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast