autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the best rinse less wash on the market today?

I’ve been using ONR for a long time. Just got a sample of ultima from another forum member and it’s been pretty good. Just ordered Ech2o since I just coated my wife’s SUV and Griot’s BF rinseless. Should be here Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a few rinseless projects. They're all good for cleaning. I like N-914 for cleaning with no gloss. DG 521 will sheet water for about a week. Uber will sheet water for ~2 weeks. I need to do some testing with the other waterless products I have to see how long they repel water.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

I have a gallon of M37 N-914 that I use for general purpose cleaning and water softening. I love the stuff, excellent when you don't want to leave anything behind. I'm just about through my bottle of CarPro Ech2O and I never really fell in love with it. The dilution ratios are not as economical as anything else when used as a rinseless wash, and I've used better waterless washes and quick detailers (IMO Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer blows it away).

I just received a bottle of Wolfgang Uber SiO2 and I'm anxious to try it out on my coated daily. It smells like blue raspberry bubble gum and dilutes with the standard 1:256 for rinseless duty.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Griot's Rinseless Wash works great. Use it in the winter when the hose is off.

5. Likes Scott in Houston, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll find camps for each product out there!

My quick thoughts on what I've used:

Regular ONR - (thought it was fine; had the same observations about wash "feel" as everyone else. Also thought the car seemed to get hold dirt better after use - think: road film type build up)

ONR W&W - Should try this one again, it's been a while since I used it. When used in a colder garage, I had trouble with streaking on buff off with this one as well. I do like it for wood trim in cars though.

N-914 - Solid performer. Compared to the Brilliant Finish, to me it didn't flash off quite as well. Definitely worth having around.

Wolfgang Uber - Great pop when you're done, but to me it seems to attract dust quickly. Didn't fall in love with it like a lot of folks did.

Griot's Rinseless Wash and Wax - I love this stuff. Super easy to use, looks great when done. Didn't have the same issue in cold weather I did with the ONR WW (which in my head should be a comparable product). I frequently use it for between wash window clean ups - I like how you can cruise around the car quick and wipe them down quick, then come back around with a fresh dry towel to buff it off. Leaves the glass with glass-sealant-Jr. like water shedding.

Griot's Brilliant Finish Rinseless - I find most often I'm reaching for this lately. Cleans well, super easy wipe off. I use the 1:6 ratio as a pre-spray as well as for doing glass around the house. Ok, actually my 6 year old uses it for glass, that's her job on the weekends. Streak free every time.
    (Side note - have AG price match, last I looked they were $5 more per jug than straight off the Griot's site)

7. Likes CleanIT, MisterSnoop, bob m, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New to the game, but I'd heard great things about ECH2O. I sealed my Harley and use it as a QD and a waterless wash.

I do it like the directions say...spray it on, wipe it off, flip and fold often, spray one more time, wipe it off, flip and fold often. When I'm done, I do a once over with a fresh MF towel and lightly buff it out until I get a nice uniform shine. I used CanCoat as an LSP, and it looked great by itself, but after I clean it with ECH2O it has just a little more shine.

I've been playing with the dilution a bit, but even nice and thick at 1:10, even if it needs to be buffed out a bit, it doesn't take long on smaller bike parts. On a big surface, I think you could get away with a weaker solution and still get great results. It's nice and lubricated. At 1:40 it can be used as a clay lube.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I think you'll find camps for each product out there!

My quick thoughts on what I've used:

Regular ONR - (thought it was fine; had the same observations about wash "feel" as everyone else. Also thought the car seemed to get hold dirt better after use - think: road film type build up)

ONR W&W - Should try this one again, it's been a while since I used it. When used in a colder garage, I had trouble with streaking on buff off with this one as well. I do like it for wood trim in cars though.

N-914 - Solid performer. Compared to the Brilliant Finish, to me it didn't flash off quite as well. Definitely worth having around.

Wolfgang Uber - Great pop when you're done, but to me it seems to attract dust quickly. Didn't fall in love with it like a lot of folks did.

Griot's Rinseless Wash and Wax - I love this stuff. Super easy to use, looks great when done. Didn't have the same issue in cold weather I did with the ONR WW (which in my head should be a comparable product). I frequently use it for between wash window clean ups - I like how you can cruise around the car quick and wipe them down quick, then come back around with a fresh dry towel to buff it off. Leaves the glass with glass-sealant-Jr. like water shedding.

Griot's Brilliant Finish Rinseless - I find most often I'm reaching for this lately. Cleans well, super easy wipe off. I use the 1:6 ratio as a pre-spray as well as for doing glass around the house. Ok, actually my 6 year old uses it for glass, that's her job on the weekends. Streak free every time.
    (Side note - have AG price match, last I looked they were $5 more per jug than straight off the Griot's site)
    Nice summary. There's also a thread on Reddit "almost every rinse less product on the market compared" that reviews a bunch.

I was also surprised to see the price difference on AG for the Griot's. Although if there is a 25% off sale, the difference becomes negligible.

10. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the best rinse less wash on the market today?

Griots Brilliant Shine:

Good stuff but twice as much needed compared to M37 914. Just as good though if not better and not that much more for 2 gallons compared to one of Mckee’s

Fenylab Pure Rinseless:

Great for coatings bit may degrade other LSP’s. Like that it leaves a pure coating surface ready for toppers. Great lubricity.

Mckee’s N914:

Good stuff. My go to before Griots. Cleans well, no gloss and decent towel feel.

Wolfgang Uber:

Didn’t like it. Surface felt greasy not slick. Only used once may have moxed too strong. Didn’t like it as a waterless either.

Gonna give the Sio2 version a shot eventually.

Ech20:

Didn’t love it as a waterless although left best gloss was too much work. Like applying a sealant.

Just recently tried as rinseless and it was nice. Will keep in rotation when out if not a fan of Uber Sio2

Not a Rinseless but AMMO Frothe:

It’s not a rinseless but a foaming waterless. Favorite way to clean car. Feel it is safest way if not using hose and buckets.

Lot’s of lubrication and feel foam does better job of encapsulating dirt. Towels glide ride foam right off and any left over residue is handled with a PFM and AMMO Hydrate.

Using all but Uber right now and like them all

Edit: Ech20 at weaker dilution works better as a waterless but still drying feels more still feels like like buffing.

Used 1.75-2oz in 32oz bottle, rest with distilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks bob m, oneheadlite, MisterSnoop thanked for this post
    Likes bob m, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the smaller sizes, the Griot's is cheaper but they don't have any larger sizes so 914 is cheaper if you buy more. I think I'm gonna try a 50/50 between the two on the rental car this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    In the smaller sizes, the Griot's is cheaper but they don't have any larger sizes so 914 is cheaper if you buy more. I think I'm gonna try a 50/50 between the two on the rental car this weekend.
    A gallon of N-914 is $45 from mckees 64oz of griots is $ 13. Gallon (2 bottles) is $26. To make same amount based of mix ratio (256/1 128/1) though you’d 2 gallons of Griots.

Still i’d spend the extra 6 bucks on the Griots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast